• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Lost Universe Ship Art

Master of Awesome LUMBERJACKING (NC's Victim #2.. >:D) Neurotoxin's Avatar
      Credits
      is hurrrrrrrr

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Neurotoxin      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Wink Lost Universe Ship Art

These were among the many, many ships that were available in the online text-based RTS I developed for X (known affectionately as Lost Universe), with a lot of contribution from our very own Mokonzi.

As a very quick backstory, Lost Universe was set in the distant Andromeda galaxy after its discovery two years ago (about 2-3 years in the future using XTC 2.0 as a benchmark). Andromeda was cut off from the Expansion Region less than one year ago, and has since been shrouded in conspiracy and evolved into a secluded society of its own featuring the six prominent factions all struggling to survive in foreign regions of space.

The game, prior to its decommissioning in late January of this year after an awesome 5-month run, was largely dominated by player alliances who wrested for control of its natural resources. Participants had access to an entirely new ship and weapon system not recognized in the X games themselves, and dynamic gameplay was based on real life; there were very few hard stats in the game, which focused more on how actions were carried out rather than what they were to begin with, as well as the fact that players were able to interact with their environment in a host of creative ways.

Lost Universe was a text-based game, as I mentioned before, and was founded on a forum. It had no coding, no game engine, and no animations. It had a lot of graphic art made by myself but everything is run solely by me, the "game master"... and no, it was nothing like Dungeons & Dragons because I (as the game overwatch) couldn't do whatever I want, so it was as unbiased as it could possibly be.

Now, back to your regular program...

All ships are 2D designed using Photoshop software and meant to augment gameplay. Of course, these were just some of the "elite" craft available -- all of your favourites like the Tiger frigate and Titan destroyer existed in the game but I never got around to conceptualizing them in time.

Enjoy

Aniara is the hallmark of Federation starship engineering. First laid down nearly three jazuras ago during the third Expansion
      Phase into Solara, this young yet fearsome warship marks the pinnacle of combat functionality in a versatile, highly
      industrious layout. Aniara's unrivaled hangar capacity augments its meticulous armament grid, integrated to create the
      most influential and potentially destructive behemoth ever to sail the dark skies.

Bearing much resemblance to its sister ship, the Project "Pathfinder" ultra-heavy weapon platform was still in its prototype
      phase upon the colonization of Andromeda, but found its place among the armada upon its severance from the Expansion
      Region. Sporting its deck of siege armaments with vicious pride, the Pathfinder has as much bite as it does bark, and has
      adopted a fearsome reputation in a very short time despite a limited presence on the battlefield. Very little else is known
      regarding this warship's combat capabilities, due in no small part draconian security measures surrounding its very existence.

The Mastodon-class mobile smelting station and battlegroup resupply ship was the earliest development for the next-generation
      Federation supercapital platform and, as the forerunner in the extreme heavy industry category, remains the benchmark in
      which all racial counterparts strive to outmatch—with little success. The Mastodon today is the smallest ship of its class, but
      is second to none with regards to internal shipbuilding and overall operational quality. Industrialists who demand combat
      resilience and production efficiency will find this all-inclusive powerhouse to be a formidable asset to any large-scale industrial
      or military enterprise.

In timely mercenary tradition, the illustrious Titan destroyer platform saw major redevelopment in recent jazuras to better suit
      the needs of private military corporations and wealthy privateer firms. The Siren is perhaps the best-known example of an
      effective, agile, and circumstantially-flexible strike package in the Profit Guild armada. This ship, true to its image, is a gutless
      scourge with a devastating knack for guerrilla warfare.

The Cockatrice was the first dedicated stealth platform to be commissioned into active service by the Federal Argon Navy
      nearly five jazuras ago, and has since evolved into a staple for armed reconnaissance and high-risk patrol duty. While the
      black-ops frigate's weapon layout is aptly suited for ranged warfare, a skilled captain will find this warship to be adept at
      skirmish engagement due in no small part its low profile and generous firing arcs.

Upon completion of the Megalodon-class battleship, guardian of the Kingdom's tranquil waters, Queen Menelaus issued a
      seven-jazura development contract to Atreus Shipbuilding Currents for a compact, modern heavy capital with ferocity and
      elegance. The public release of the Tigershark black-operations destroyer served as a cornerstone for the Kingdom's entry
      into the tactical warfare theatre; a change that would forever mark the naturally peaceful Boron as a legitimate contender
      in the conquest for space and political identity.

One of the toughest dreadnoughts ever to prowl the Commonwealth, the Dynasty's eldest supercapital ship stands testament
      to Rhonkar's might. While far from a recent design, the Sabretooth-class supercarrier still clearly bides well on the modern
      battlefield. This warship, purpose-built to drive fleets into the heart of an engagement with frighteningly quick efficiency,
      remains the most time-honoured weapon in the Dynasty's sizable arsenal. Still proving a solid adversary in any combat scenario,
      this battle-hardened relic is destined to serve as the spearhead of Rhonkar's finest for many jazuras to come.

The Taipan is the Dynasty's modern gunslinger. First manifested only two jazuras ago under the Fists of Rhonkar, this
      battleship makes up for in brute strength and fleet fire superiority what it lacks in siege capacity, as it remains the only ship
      of its class without the ability to mount supercapital armaments. Nevertheless, a full artillery broadside from this razor-toothed
      monster will wreck someone's day real fast.

The Anaconda-class tactical destroyer was the Dynasty's belated response to Xaar's Poseidon. True to Split doctrine, this
      ship's mobility and aggression remain second to none in its class, though its unusually keen all-around turret coverage over
      the favoured broadside loadout is a rare foray for Dynasty engineering. Moreover, this vessel is actually quite deadly from all
      angles, which may just be why it's among the most popular heavy capitals on the market.

When it comes to the final word in privateering, look no further. The Wyvern, built from blueprints hijacked by wealthy pirate
      cartels several jazuras ago, has rapidly evolved into a reputable staple for light guerrilla warfare in the Commonwealth and,
      increasingly, Solara. Pronounced agility and incredible stopping power roll off the tongue of any skilled pilot who has had
      the luxury of emptying this ship's voracious chaingun bandoliers into an unsuspecting prey.

Last edited by Neurotoxin; 10-08-2012 at 09:13 PM.

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Kudos and rep+ for your graphic art. They look really great!
      I'm particularly impressed by the bronze/ember look of paranid ships

Hope to be able to snip me some free time to travel to your new X universe soon

Keep up the great job, mate.

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mokonzi Points (Total)      £ 235.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stemardue View Post
      Hope to be able to snip me some free time to travel to your new X universe soon
      I'm always looking for new alliance team mates...

@Neurotoxin: Awesome job with the artwork.

Mokonzi