Credits
      is BUSY

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

dctrjons      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Joystick 'trouble'

Have an Extreme3DPRO really really like it, and it works perfect for nearly all the games I've used it for....'cept this one And now it has become the only game I use a stick for.

Problem:
      The stick has like a 1/2 degree flop, more biased to the right. Problem is that's how I cruise. Left hand on stick, right hand on mouse. So when I'm resting my hand will 'pull' inward a bit for which the joystick gives...and being ultra sensitive, the game reads this and starts to roll right.

Current fix:
      I can't rezero it any better or give it a 'false' zero point so I'm adjusted sensitivity and the dead-zone in game that when my had is at rest, ship go straight.

New Problem:
      By doing this, it severely limits my maneuverability. I can't yank-and-bank as well as I could because my sensitivity is low, and I can't turn sensitivity up because my dead-zone is overly expanded...which results in sever 'over-steer' when I move the stick out of the deadzone. And I can't pull the dead-zone in else half of my flying would be correcting and become very tiring since I would never be able to rest my hand on the stick.

SO, I either want to take this puppy apart...or get a new stick. Problem is I don't want a 200$ stick to solve this problem and find out that its perfect centering wears out quickly. So does anyone have experience with this or know of a stick that handles centering well? I really like the dog fighting in X3 and, while uncommon, there are times where my turning handicap has either lost me a fight...or more often...drawn a fight out much longer than need be.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ajacks      £ 0.00

I had the same problem. Picked up a Cybory X. It is working great. The buttons are a bit flimsy not like the 3d Pro.

Credits
      is without status

I am:
      Hungry

Total Contributions For

K.J.      £ 0.00

move the position of the joystick so that you don't have this bias anymore. either more to the middile, or more to the left - whatever helps. I had the same "problem" when playing arma2, flying with stick and looking with mouse, except it was with the z axis and i just turned the stick a little bit and got accustomed to not directly push forward but slightly to the right as well (comes natural as extention of the arm basically). Don't twist yourself, twist the controlhardware

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Did you try to recalibrate the Joystick, after stripping all possible registry calibration remains with this application? http://www.logitech.com/en-us/suppor...loads&crid=411

Sometimes drivers conflicts or updates can leave old keys/values around that in time may cause apparently inexplicable behaviours

Oh, btw, the link above should be for a 32 bit version. In case you are running a 64bit OS just change it in site before downloading the software. Also be sure you have the correct drivers set installed (32 or 64bit) since that too is known to cause glitches and trouble.

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      is BUSY

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

dctrjons      £ 0.00

Just realized....thinking fighter controls not X3...it's the 'yaw' that bugs me. Which is 'roll' in this game. Without having it installed (and can't for some time till my hard drive is free from work related stuff) something bugged me about the description of my problem when I put the stick in my hand Started to pretend fight with it in hand and realized I explained it wrong.

It does bias more right than left but that is fixed with the deadzone and sensitivity...the problem is the twist...which I use defensively most often but circumstantially. It's only annoying in straight flight...but already explained that.
      @K.J.
      I've tried consciously keeping my wrist rotated 'out' to compensate but that where my wrist tires. Tried all sorts of positions which work for a bit then wear out. Especially after a heated battle, the joystick (or me) somehow reposition back to a "default" state. And after a fight I will be drifting again. Which really is OK, but repeated repositioning gets annoying, especially when I'm trying to take it easy

The problem is that left yaw is dead on perfect, almost like a wall. I can easily twist out (CCW) and keep it there... the problem is I HAVE to keep it there. And the muscle control of keeping it there eventually...I called it "tired" but I think "bored" is more accurate...my wrist gets bored of holding it there. I've tried to fake a new neutral center but I can't seem to it because of a built in dead zone. Grrr, wish I had the game installed, I'd look for a 3rd party solution. Something that will allow me to set a deadzone more like 543210|001234 instead my software essentially does 543210|002345. Which makes quick flicks quite random and hard to get a feel for.
      @ajacks
      I have looked at that stick before (in fact I think it was my second choice before I found this one on sale) and it just concerned me that it might be anti-ergonomic / left hand unfriendly. I was surprised that mine works...I had to be careful with the secondary fire (but I think there are even fewer rapid fire missiles in XTC than in X3...so press to hold works). Just curious if you have any buttons that annoy you...and how the hat works for you. I didn't look for a left hand friendly stick...I didn't even try it till late on in X3 and was surprised I fly just as well with it (maybe better). But now it appears I need to make sure it works lefty.

Thanks all for your feedback. Really isn't fair to ask too much since I can't test anything out for a while. But I do have more to work with now.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

ajacks      £ 0.00

The hat buttons are not great. This is a drawback to the stick . If you use them for missles or something that is used a lot they do not stand up.
      I do not think it would be very good for a leffty although it is possable to reach all the buttons comfortably with both hands .
      It is fully adjustable for hand width and comfort . Have fun playing.

Credits
      is absent

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

2Blackhawk Points for Thread Ratings Given      £ 0.00

thread moved as it has nothing to do with XTC in special