• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrignton Industries, A Terran Trading DiD (XTC 2.0 + a few other mods)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Part 7:

Right, I've decided once more to try and get a satellite to last more than a few moments in New Horizons. Jumping in, prepared to hit the jumpdrive again to get back out, I notice that the sector appears to be clam. Rather worried that it might all be some clever pirate ploy I head towards the centre of the sector to drop a satellite.
      It's about a third of the way across that I spot a pirate pack coming into the sector from the south-east. Luckily however there's a few Argon patrols, including a Minotaur M7M heading towards them so I continue on course.

It's after I've reached the centre, dropped the satellite and am heading towards one of the Crystal Fab's in the sector, that has a full warehouse of crystals, that things start to go wrong.

Firstly a Yaki Hoshi M1 jumps in and promptly turns the Minotaur into a hulk. Now luckily I'm close enough tot he Crystal Fab to dock safely and quickly get the crystal surplus loaded onboard.

It's then as I'm undocking that things go really bad. Apparently there was a mix up or something in the control room as some Teladi has decided to try and park in the bay I'm leaving. Needless to say this doesn't go well for me, being that I'm still under-shielded.

70% shields

40% shields

10% shields

73% hull

At 44% hull and having lost my Triplex Scanner, I finally hear that the jumpdrive has been activated. Breathing deeply I emerge into the Sirius Prime. My ship is banged up, though somehow the cargo is still all there, and I've only lost the Triplex Scanner, but there's alarms going off all over the place.

The worst part about it all, is that I don't have any free credits to repair the ship, seeing as its all tied up in my crystal cargo, Luckily a number of stations in the sector use crystals as secondary resources so I was able to fly round, albeit at 44 mps, and offload enough to pay for the repairs at the Shipyard.

Then to add insult to injury the bloody satellite was destroyed.

Right that's it. I need a combat ship to fight back.

Unfortunately I need a lot more credits for that. Plus the Argon don't trust me enough yet to sell me a warship.

Then to really add injury to the whole thing, the pirates are apparently moving west into Sirius II as they've taken out my satellite there as well.

Arriving at the Shipyard a little less than happy I then find out that to fix up Good Fortunes cost's 753k. Holy argnu!

Fine whatever do it, I need to find some shields and then build up some more money.

While there though I took a look at the prices of stations and of the warships. The warships obviously were all out of my price range completely, but some of the stations caught my eye for my next purchase, especially the mines. There's a lot of rocks in Argon space, especially Sirius Prime, which, although not amazing on the yield front, will still produce a healthy amount of products., to sell for now and then, eventually to be combined into a complex to produce high end goods.

There's also news everywhere about the opening of two new Argon sectors. West of Miners Aspiration is the new sector Fiery Outburst and south of it is Gemini. I immediately ordered Explorer, currently sat in Miners Aspiration Trading Station to map these two sectors and was pleasantly surprised, as I got back into space, Good Fortunes looking all new and shiny, that it had found the highest yield ore asteroid yet.

A 30 yield in Fiery Outburst. It's just a pity I don't have the 2 million needed to get a Large Ore Mine for it. Let's hope it's still there when I do have the cash. Scot Rider has even reached courier level and I'd love to be able o give him his own station to tend, instead of following around Kriss.

Speaking of who, he's now a trader apparently and still improving quickly. Of course this means I have to pay him a higher wage but hey, it's not like its going to make the Wheat Farm broke, seeing as it's sitting at 500k funds and rising.

Rather annoyingly I seem to have missed the window with the Ore Mine, as there's now two mines already operating in Fiery Outburst. Now although the asteroids are still there for when I need to start a complex, at the moment there doesn't seem to be very profitable to build one. Shame as I was saving for one.

Still now I have some more thinking to do and some credits to spend Maybe a small Rimes Fact complex. A Wheat Farm M, Rimes Fact M and Complex Construction Kit (CCK) would come in at under 2 million and I'll move Scot over to it so we won't need to buy a freighter. Could afford it after a few more trades too.

Think I'll go have a coffee with dad and see what he thinks.

Credits:

Station Accounts:

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 8:

Well that was fun. Immediately upon setting foot on my station I'm barraged by questions from angry parents asking as to why I'd spent 750k fixing up my ship. Well you see I ummm, yeah, kind of crashed.

No one was hurt this time though, and I'm pretty sure it was a docking controller error again anyway. Of course that did nothing to stop them giving me the third degree about space flight safety and how much I mean to them. Damn parents, I've got to make mistakes somewhere along the line.

Then dad kindly pointed out that I'm a idiot, when I told him not to worry as I planned on buying several more Medium Shield units to help protect me more. Turns out, yep, Good Fortunes uses Large Shields.

Ah, that may explain it. First thing I'll do then is sell the Medium Shields I've got and look for Large ones. Well ok not sell all the shields until I've got the large ones obviously.

Once they'd finished berating me though, we did sit down to discuss business expansion. Both Polly and Kriss also joined us seeing as they were my senior trader and accountant and all. After a brief chat we all decided that the Rimes Fact complex sounded like a pretty good idea. There should easily be enough e-cell productions in the surrounding sectors to support both, the farm and the new complex here in Sirius Prime, plus the continued safety of the Argon home sector out here.

With that decided I headed off again, to try and raise the money needed to buy the complex. First though I stopped by at the Equipment Dock to get the new shields I'd promised my parents. Doubling my shield power, I have to admit, I now feel a lot more safer. Then I sent out Explorer to map two new Argon sectors, Fiery Outburst and Genesis. Both turned out to have asteroids in them but again, none of high yields. Oh well will have to make do with what I've got, or head up into Boron space. Both also seemed to have drawn the attention of Yaki TL's so I held off on setting up satellites in them for now.

Speaking of which I then send Explorer up to chart the new Boron expansion, which turns out to have asteroids of high yield. Damn then fish and their luck.

Anyway back to trading for me. Want to raise 2 million before placing the complex. This should easily cover the costs of it and leave me with some credits to continue trading with.

Kriss has also advanced in competency. He's now reached the trade rank of Dealer. Scot's also coming along and although not as competent as Kriss has now reached Trader rank.

SO anyway, I then get to the 2 million mark trading and begin the process of constructing our first complex. It doesn't quite look the way I'd planned but hey, its an achievement. We move Kriss over to oversee trading for the new complex, bringing in resources as the construction work continues.

Just short of a busy Wozura later everything is set up. We've got a new manager, dad having decided that running the wheat farm is enough for him. A Argon woman by the name of Felicity Gerring. Seems rather young to be a manager but her resume was spotless so what the hell, not like I'm adverse to giving young, people, fresh out of college jobs now is it. I've also given Kriss more leeway in that the jump range is set to 9 sectors. I trust him enough to know what he's doing and this way he can help build some reputation wit the Boron as well. I've told him to stay out of Noas Nihal and New Horizons though. It won't stifle trade at all and just makes sure that he doesn't get smashed up by some pirate pack.

Speaking of which, whilst I was talking to my parents, Kriss and Polly about the rimes complex I mentioned the whole defence force thing. They all agreed that eventually we would need to get some defence ships if we were to continue expanding. As such I've given Polly leave to start a small private academy of sorts on our stations. Hopefully they will be useful in training up members of the public on my stations to serve onboard capital ships when we get some.

Of course this will be a universally recognised scholarship, so until we can get some ships they'll be able to use their education to earn elsewhere. It was also decided that this should be free of charge for member of station personnel's families. Slightly more costly but hopefully this, combined with the whole ties to the company, will mean that when the time does come they will be willing to serve on our ships.

Anyway enough of that talk. I'm already sick of the officer's course, having decided to take a Open Academy version to learn while trading. Speaking of which I picked up another contract. 87k to haul ore to a station in Sirius Prime. Then I jumped over to New Horizons, feeling safer with the 250mj of shielding and looking for cheap crystals, to indeed find some cheap crystals and also a banged up abandoned Buster Hauler with weapons still onboard. Sending it over tot he Military Outpost in Sirius II, I'll have it stripped of the weapons then sold at the Wharf.

I've also had some annoying news from father that some rival company has opened up four new wheat farms in Genesis. Very annoying but will just mean that Scot will have to work harder to keep our profits coming in. I'm sure he won't mind. I'm planning on getting another trader to train up as soon as I can afford it, now the two I have are occupied in fixed placements.

Explorer has been sent into Split space. They don't seem to hate me or want me dead so it should be fine.. Not instructed to map asteroids though as I have no intention at all, of setting up shop in Split space.

Anyway this is it for this entry. The rimes fact never seems to have any stock so Felicity must be doing something right. So much so that I've asked her to join me for lunch. No its not a date, I want to talk about business with here. Honest.

Credits:

Station Accounts:

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 9:

Tight brilliant, another new day new opportunities and three more new Wheat Farms in Genesis!?

Son of a Split!

That's six of them in that one sector now. What in hell would you need six Wheat Farms in the same sector for? Well father, you now have your work really cut out for you.

Someone's also built two Rimes Factories in the Heavenly Sisters. Yep, someone's got it in for me for sure.

Right, I suppose its time to fight back, step up the earning game and get myself some more stations set up. The buster I'd salvaged sold for 177k, not a bad start. Hauling e-cells is what I spend most of the time doing, it's not exactly fast at making credits but its steady and is what I've built most of my small company on.

This is until Explorer, which I sent back up to Boron space to map the newly opened sectors' revealed a small treasure trove of bailed Split ships in Rhonkars Dominion. Two Chimera's M3+, one a Vanguard model at 21% hull with a Pulse Disruptor onboard, the other a standard model at 34% hull with nothing onboard, and a Asp Hauler M4+ with a Small Shield and a PAC onboard. Not bad at all though I've no idea what it'll all sell for, especially considering I'm going to have to sell it to the Split if I want any credits from them anytime soon. Still i may as well go meet them now, I want to sell this Pulse Emitter anyway, the encyclopaedia saying it sells for 180k, but only in Split sectors.

Fingers crossed and sidearm at hand I jump into Chin's Demise, their home sector and request docking permission. They grant it quite happily which is at least something, maybe they aren't such a bad race after all. No, that's a bad thought to have at the moment, I don't want to let my guard down. Plus, I haven't even actually been on one of their stations yet. Hell I'd never even had a conversation with a Split before.

Well, a Stazura later I'm leaving the Equipment Dock, still with all limbs accounted for and about 220k richer. Turns out there actually not that bad. A bit gruff and to the point yes, but overall not bad people. Still I need to make trade relations with the Boron and Teldi before I even think about approaching the Split.

I've also now got my credits back up over 1 million so, I think it's time to hire another trader. Seeing as I have to be in sector to do it as my satellite there was taken out again, I jump in

Immediately getting contacted by the local Cahoona Bakery. They desperately need e-cells and have heard of my swift completion of contracts. They're also paying 257k for 13k e-cells so sure, as usual I've got a hold full of e-cells anyway. Will need to make another trip but there's a SPP in the sector anyway so that's not a problem. I can even order my new ship while I'm doing it.

Or would have done if they'd had any of the already shielded ones in stock. I don't much fancy hunting for the medium shields the freighter will need so will just wait a bit for the shields to come fitted, instead increasing the Wheat Farms operational range, I may as well sell the wheat tot he Boron's now some of my Argon customer base has been taken and I'm sure Scot will be fine.

Well the contract was finished easily so I jumped down to Forceful Acquisitions, to get some more e-cells to trade. Heading across the sector I let the autopilot dock my ship for me, having received notification that my salvaged ships had reached the Shipyard.

Bringin up the trade menu I was amazed by how much they were worth. That five mizuras of work had earned m.......

Oh god. Turn, turn turn bloody autopilot..........

*PILOT LOG TERMINATES HERE*

Part 9 has been recovered and evaluated by the Argon Federal Police. Death is attributed to auto pilot error upon not allowing adequate manoeuvring room around the SPP, the victim was trying to dock at.

No damage to the station in question.

Family has been informed.

No further actions are to be taken.