• Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Harrignton Industries, A Terran Trading DiD (XTC 2.0 + a few other mods)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default Harrignton Industries, A Argon Trading DiD (XTC 2.0 + a few other mods)

Introduction:

Right this I swear is the last DiD thread I'll make. I'm going back to the slightly more safe method of trading (though given how I've set the universe up, it might not actually be that safe). Given that I seem to enjoy trading more than fighting then hopefully this should be a more enjoyable experience for everyone. I'm using the Extended mod and a few others (listed below) to make it a bit different from the other DiD's around here.

Also playing a Argon, based on trading which I don't think is often seen. I'm going to try and play it in character to. So no befriending everyone (I hate the Paranid and will probably fall out with the Terrans too) I've also got zero tolerance for pirates and homicidal bugs/machines. Right anyway enough yakking from me. Below are the rules I'm using and the mods. Lets get this ball rolling.

Rules:

*None I can do what I like.
      *Apart from buying Military Shields as I'm not in any way connected to the Military
      *Oh and I must play at least mostly in character for a Argon (see above).
      *Sharp Dealer game start.

Mods:
      XTC 2.0 (hard difficulty with fading fame and dynamic relationships)
      CLS/CAG for XTC
      Pirate Guild 3.0 (Set on very high and enemy to me)
      Yaki Armada (5 mother ships and set on enemy to me)

EDIT: PLEASE NOTE THAT ITS A ARGON GAME NOW NOT TERRAN BUT I CANT ALTER THE TITLE.

Last edited by 89James89; 28-02-2013 at 11:38 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Rankings as of latest update:

Terran: Revolutionary (1%)
      Aldrin: Settler (10%)
      Argon: Trusted Ally (44%)
      Boron: Noble Peer (86%)
      Paranid: Unholy Nomad (1%)
      Split: Creature (30%)
      Goner: Agnostic (7%)
      Teladi: Profit Opportunity (61%)

Trade: Petty Financier (73%)
      Fight: Nuisance (0%)

Last edited by 89James89; 01-03-2013 at 01:03 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Assets as of latest update:

Freighters:

1x Mercury Super Freighter TS 'Good Fortunes' (3x Medium Shield, PAC)

Fighters:

1x Pirate Buster Hauler M4 (stripped at 34% hull)
      1x Discoverer Raider M5 'Explorer' (1x tiny shield)

Stations:

Sirius Prime:
      HIST SP WF 001 (Wheat Farm L) 1x Mercury
      'HIST SP WF 001 -Scot Rider-' [Scot Rider 'Major Dealer']

HISC SP RF 001 (Rimes Fact M and Wheat Farm M complex)
      'HICS SP WF 001 -Kriss Hang-' [Kriss Hang 'Major Dealer']

Credits:

Station Accounts:

Last edited by 89James89; 01-03-2013 at 01:02 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 1:

Well I'd made it out here, into the vast void that's space. My family had moved out to the Expansion Area for retirement, taking me with them. My father had been a trader for all my life and had managed to get by with his old Mercury Super freighter TS, They'd even managed to buy me a Discoverer M5 for my 18 birthday and when I turned 19 they're present was my dad's old ship. Now with two ships I'd decided to really make a go at making a living out here.

I wanted to make my parents proud and I wanted a station where they could both live happily without having to worry about bills or rent. My way of saying thanks to them for my upbringing. However all this would cost credits and I wasn't going to make them writing in this journal or sitting around at home so I bid farewell to my parents for a while, and set off to make my fortune.

Starting with the sale of the weapons I'd managed to install on my Discoverer. They'd taken me nearly a year to acquire but now, with my father TS, I wasn't going to pilot the Discoverer much. I would keep it though and equip it with some explorer software so it could map sectors for me, but for that, it wouldn't need the weapons.

I also wanted to increase the speed on the TS. If I was to get to all the lucrative deals that my huge hold could take, I would need to be going faster than the 43 mps I was currently travelling at.

With that in mind, I docked both ships at the civilian area of the Military Outpost and begun looking for a trader with the necessary equipment and know how to do what I wanted.

Turns out it was pretty quiet on the station so finding a trader was easy. I then sold him two of the three Particle Accelerator Cannon's(PAC), the third I transferred over to the TS. If I was going to have a laser for missile defence, the High Energy Plasma Thrower (HEPT) my father had installed was way to slow firing to actually hit them. i then sold the HEPT as well and maxed the speed on both ships. Finally buying a few computer system extensions for the Discoverer I was left with 33k. Not a hell of a lot to start trading with but at least it won't take me forever to reach any stations now.

We then left the station, the Discoverer heading off to map all the Argon sectors I had stored in my computer banks and me, looking for some profitable trades.

It would appear however, that the Sirius II isn't in the best state economically. Most of the stations are nearly empty but half full on wares needed so trade opportunities are a bit scarce. Still I find a profitable run for meatstaek cahoona's from the Trading Station to the Crystal Fab so that'll do for a start.

After this trade which earnt me around 8k the prices in the local Solar Power Plant (SPP) had dropped and I was able to grab nearly 3000 Energy Cells (e-cells) at 14 credits a piece, selling them to the Rimes Fact for a profit of 4 credits a e-cell.

I then continued trading in e-cells for a while, watching my Discoverer map, first the Argon sectors then move onto the Boron ones. Luckily my father had traded regularly with the Aquatic folk and had built up some contacts so I was free to traverse their space.

Looks like they have a pirate problem in Naos Nihal though as there's currently a Yaki TL cruising around the sector. Seeing as their hostile to me let's move on swiftly with my Discoverer. Can come back later if there's still a sector to map.

Its whilst travelling with a hold of e-cells that I decide that I should name my ships, more out of boredom than anything else. The M5 I call 'Explorer' (exciting and original I know) and the TS I call 'Good Fortunes'. Hopefully the name will rub off on my luck with trading.

Its not long hwoever before Explorer has finsihed mapping the Boron sectors. Man this universe is small comapred tot he old one. Still they say there's new sectors being found all the time so it'll hopefully grow in time. Anyway back to Explorer. With the Boron sectors mapped I tell it to head down to Aldrin sapce. Newly found allies of the Argon Federation, the Aldrin Colonies are apparently a splinter of Terrran's that don't agree with how the Terran Government runs the Terran Empire. Whatever they believe in they're not hostile to me so I'll let Explorer map their sectors for me.
      I then get my first stolen trade. After picking up a hold full of meatsteak cahoona's to drop off at the Crystal Fab due to it paying top credit for them, some other trader gets there first and the prices drop by a lot. This presents a problem as they only other place in the sector that buys them is doing so at a lower price than I bought them for. Luckily the next sector over, Sirius Prime ahs a load of high end stations so hopefully I can offload them there for a profit.

Luckily I was right. The Advanced Satellite Factory needs meatsteaks badly so I head on over and offload for top credit bringing my credits up to 179k.

Right I think its time to call it a day. I'll head over to the Equipment Dock here in Sirius Prime and purchase a jump drive to speed up my trading by a lot.

Leaving the technicians to continue installing the jumpdrive and ordering Explorer, who's finished mapping all the sectors in the computers banks, to head up to Boron space and purchase some explorer software and maybe a mineral scanner then come back to Argon space to get a actual pilot in it, rather than trusting the auto-pilot, They may cost more but it's safer. I head off to find a nice posh room to collapse in. It had been a long, profitable day.

Credits:

Last edited by 89James89; 26-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 2:

Right let's get back to work and try out this new jump drive. First stop Forceful Acquisition where there's a couple of SPP's. Right jumpdrive charging. See you on the other side.

Well that is a damn site quicker I'll tell. Here in a flash. Anyway there's some average price e-cells in the sector and plenty of places empty so let's do some hauling.

Meanwhile it appears that Explorer has reached the Boron Equipment Dock. Right lets get the Explorer Command Software Mk1 installed and while I'm at it, may as well pick up a mineral scanner and have him go crazy mapping asteroids, saves me having to do it later.

Turns out however after several e-cell runs that the local SPP's can't keep up with demand in this sector so I jump back up to Sirius II where the SPP is full and continue trading up there instead. Explorer, however is having less success having yet to turn up a asteroid above 27 yield. Mind you its exploring Boron space at the moment and I've no intention of putting any of my initial stations up there so it's not that much of a problem.

Also, seeing as how the Boron seem to be a Yaki magnet at the moment I think it's best to leave their space be for the moment. True it's only been attacks by TL's, and they've been dealt with swiftly, but its only a matter of time before the Yaki send something heavier.

It does seem that Explorer has found some nice asteroids in Naos Nihal, which given the amount of rocks in their isn't actually surprising but a 70 yield Silicon asteroid is worth keeping a eye on.

Its also turned up a 24 yield Nividium asteroid. not actually sure what Nividium is used for but that sounds like its a nice find even if it's not used for much, especially given that you can buy mines for it now. Mind you there bloody expensive.

Explorer also finds a drifting Barracuda complete with some weapons onboard. Quickly jumping up to Naos Nihal I make my way tot he stricken ship and claim it. Not much use for me, but i'm sure the Boron will appreciate me returning it. Minus the weapons of course but they don't have to know about them.

Being as this is my first time in Boron space as well, I take notice of the stations. Got to say, they look a lot nicer than some of their Argon counterparts, still I've heard there not that nice inside for humans, what with all the ammonia that the Boron need to survive. Anyway enough prattling on, I've pulled up alongside the Barracuda so time to claim it.

Well that was easy and will hopefully net me some credits. The weapon onboard was a Ion Pulse Generator (IPG). Not sure what that is exactly, some new fangled Boron weapon. Anyway it's worth nearly 160k so I pick it up to sell back in Argon space. It's at this point, staring at my cargo hold, that I realise that I never actually sold the HEPT I thought I had. Well now, that's a nice little surprise.

What's not a nice little surprise is when I realise that Explorer is being chased across New Horizons by a bunch of pirates fro the Skull Clan. They'd already taken a nice 44% chunk out of his hull. Damn pirates.

Sending Explorer over to Sirius Prime to fix up, I'll then send it to scan asteroids in the southern Argon sectors.

44k is the cost to repair the holes in Explorer. A annoyance, but a small price to pay for the small ship seeing as its done so much work. Paying the mechanics to fix her up I go back to selling these weapons that I've got.

Annoyingly when I get to the Military Outpost in Sirius II to sell the weapons the salesman tells me that no one will buy the IPG from me. Well that's annoying. With this in mind I make a jump up to Boron space and prepare for my first real encounter with the aquatic race.

By the time I've nearly docked with the Equipment Dock in Aspiring Hope the Barracuda has reached the Boron Dry-Dock in Merindasa Prime and is apparently worth 200k in it's current state. Sure I'll sell it for that much. Not a bad freebie I will say, especially when you add the IPG. That's 370k in all. Salvage appears to be a lucrative business.

Now the Boron seem nice, even sold me a Triplex Scanner. Very pleasant even if their stations aren't as pleasant, Sure their stations look impressive, but the ammonia on them means only brief visits are possible, even in the human habitual areas.

Still, I do intend to trade with the Boron in the future and build up relationships with them. That though can wait. I'm tired again so lets head back to Argon space and find somewhere to rent a room for the night.

Forceful Acquisitions seems like a good place. Two SPP's should mean there's some trade runs to make in the morning.. Tomorrow I'm going to hit my first million. Then probably get another ship or look at a station. For now however lets get some rest.

Credits:

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 3:

Right first objective today is to reach 1 million in funds. Then I'm going to have a look at a station. Finally give my parents somewhere safe to live for raising me. Also want to finish up mapping all the asteroids in the space Explorer has mapped.

However first things first I think it's time I get out of Forceful Acquisition. There's a bloody Yaki Hoshi M1 in here disgorging fighters and I think it'd be safer to be elsewhere.

With this in mind i jumped up to Sirius II, intent on seeing if my parents were ok. I couldn't fight the Yaki myself but it they had attacked Sirius II, I could try and get my parents to safety.

Luckily they hadn't so I went back to trading.

What happened net almost made me sick.

Coming into dock at the Crystal Fab to sell the load of e-cells I had I left the autopilot to lan d as I had done so many times. A accident in it's programming however meant it tried to land in the same bay as a departing Discoverer M5.

Needless to say, with me staring at some data pads the results were horrific, my Mercury Super Freighter easily crushing the helpless M5. I was immediately contacted by the Argon Authorities who had witnessed the accident and my standing with the Argon had dropped a little. On evaluation of the ship footage however I was cleared of all charges of death with intent, but still I was horrified.

I immediately contacted the dead mans family and offered my condolences and gave them a large sum of credits in way of apology. It wouldn't make up for the loss but it may help financially.

I then went and got a large drink.

Credits:

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Thanks Solitas

Part 4:

Well after getting over one serious hangover for a few days I decided it was probably time to get back to work. It'll help take my mind off things. I've also decided to offer the family of the man I've killed a free home and safe place when I've finally got a station. It's not much but at least it's a small way to saying sorry. I've received a thank you from them for the concern as well, turns out they don't blame me for the auto pilot error.

Deciding that a change of sector may help, I jump down to Sirius III to trade there. I then get Explorer flagging up a abandoned Split Heavy Dragon in Armstrong where he's currently scanning asteroids. Although it's only at 2% hull, its got some weapons on board so the should be worth something. Only thing is, there's a load of Yaki down there and, even if I could get to it, I would need either a boarding crew or some illegal software to claim it, neither of which I have, so i have to leave it there.7

God, it really appears that the Yaki have it in for Aldrin, there's several Hoshi M1's floating around as well as a few TL's and a load of fighters. True, the Argon Defence Forces acting on behalf of the Aldrin seem to be fighting them back but its carnage down there. Moving Explorer over to Gordon, the last sector to be mapped, it picks up two drifting ships, a Hermes TP and a Vulture TS. Both are pretty beat up, but the TP has a shield unit on it so I jump down there and claim them both, docking them at the nearby Aldrin base, transferring over the shield unit, until I can decide what to do with them.

While I'm doing this I send Explorer north into. judging by the freighter traffic, Teladi space. Astropos II was the sector, indeed Tealdi space. With no hostility from the lizards I begin mapping their space. Hoping to find a dock to sell of this battered TS and TP at.

Meanwhile it's back to Argon space, this time Forceful Acquisitions, to continue trading, where I'm glad to say, the Yaki aren't present anymore.

This turns out to be very lucky, as I then get a contract offer from the local Ore Mine. The station manager, a woman by the name of Jennaiai Jovi, wants me to deliver 4,230 e-cells and is willing to pay me 92k for them. Well considering I have a hold of 9k e-cells and I'm already on my way to the mine I'd be stupid not to accept.

Ten mizura's and a very happy woman later and I'm about 60k better off. Will have to keep my eye's open for more contracts. For now though I've made the first million and want to spend some of it. With this in mind I jump up to Sirius II and purchase a Mercury TS, outfitting it with all the required software to act as a station TS. I'll have this guy trade for a bit, until I decide where to put a station.

Firstly though I want to put a Advanced Sat in all the Argon sectors. Costly I know, but integral to being able to keep a eye on things. Very luckily for me the Advanced Navigation Satellite Factory in Sirius Prime has 20 of the things in stock and at average price. Docking up and selling a load of e-cells to them I buy the lot. Very expensive at about 250k all told, but a bit of that was recouped with the e-cells trade and it'll be worth it in the end.

Right having got a sat in Sirius Prime I jump over to Sirius II and order up a Mercury TS, maxing the speed, turning and buying it all the necessary equipment, including a jumpdrive. I then send it over to Sirius Prime, to the Equipment Dock where it'll get the new Commodity Logistics Software (CLS) and then a pilot, which will trade until I can afford the station I've planned.

While I'm doing this Explorer has found a Teladi Shipyard so I send the scrap freighters up there to sell.

I then get a message from the Equipment Dock in Sirius Prime regarding the hiring of a freighter pilot. Some new guy by the name of Kriss Hang has applied and although a bit of experience might have been nice, everyone has to start somewhere so I sign him up. A brief chat later reveals that he's much like me, just trying to make his way out here.

Thanking me for the job, I then assign him duties to shift e-cells around Argon space (or try to, this CLS thing is confusing) and continue mapping sectors with the satellites.

Turns out that Kriss is also a bit of a salvage spotter as he's just informed me that there's a Mercury Hauler drifting in Sirius III. Thankyou very much that'll be another cash influx. It's even at 30% hull still and has a weapon onboard.

The weapon turns out to be a Mesom Blaster, which sold for 170k at the Equipment Dock in Sirius Prime. This has put me in the position where I can purchase my first factory.

This is going to be a Large Wheat Farm. Now your all probably wondering why when there's already wheat farms around Argon space. Simply put it's cheap, only uses e-cells to produce the goods and, I have plans to make a cloth rimes complex with it eventually so while I can't afford both stations I may as well get it making me some credits towards the rime fact.

Now placement will be in Sirius Prime. This is due to it being a rather empty sector with e-cells available within 2 sectors reach either way and, if I choose to expand it with a station other than the rimes fact, there's plenty of useable asteroids in the sector.

Now, lets find a Mammoth TL captain to transport my station.

Several long Tazura's later and our new home is up and running. Well ok its up. I'm still tryign to get it running pro[erly with Kriss running aorund like a headless chicken trying to sell and buyt he products. Its a bit confusing right now but i'm sure we'll get there.

I've also sold off the three salvaged freighters. netting me about 1.7 million which was a huge surprise and cash boost. In fact I now have more than I did before I bought the Mercury now piloted by Kriss.

I've also sent out messages to both my family and the family of the man involved in the accident and have arranged rather nice living quarters for them on the station.

Now if you'd please excuse me. I've got to go and sort out a workforce. Were running with machines at the moment but a proper workforce might help makes things run smoother.

Credits:

Station Accounts:

(OOC: Btw I can't find the 'Start Commercial Representation for Kriss, hes assigned and everything but it's not a option. Is it becasue hes still a apprentice?)

Credits
      is feeling nostalgic

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Solitas      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I thought the Commodity Logistics was only compatible with Vanilla TC and AP, I could be wrong....

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum."-Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus
      (If you want peace, prepare for war.)
      Path to Profit Vol. I-The birth of Armacorp Alpha and The Nomadic Manufacturer(concept, flaws, potential solutions)

Path to Profit Vol. II-From Scout to Commander(as soon as I make an impression of 2.0)

The Paladin Order(still working on it,....got the ``writers block again``)

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Replies:

Solitas: Well there's a version that's meant to be compatible with XTC in the mod section on this forum but I'm probably just doing something wrong in all honesty. Will have to work at it and see.

Part 5:

Dear god setting up a station is tiring and infuriating. I've been trying to do this and convince dad that retirement does not mean running a station. Also I've got the niece of the guy I accidentally killed questioning me every few mizura's , having hired her as an accountant.

Yup things are looking peachy alright. Anyway to cut a long story short, I'm not sure Kriss has quite got the hang of this whole trading business yet, he seems to struggle with keeping up with the energy demands of the Wheat Farm, so much so that I've had to bring in haul of 9,200 e-cells to help get it kick started.

Oh well I'm sure he'll get there eventually. I also gave up trying to convince dad to sit down and rest, leaving him arguing with Polly, my new accountant, last I saw.

Me, well, once all the pleasantries were over and I'd given the speech apparently required of station owners in regards to the new workforce, now inhabiting my station, I went back to mapping all Argon space. At least this was quiet.

Once that was done I headed up to Boron space. With a station hopefully bringing in some profits in Argon space I've decided to lay satellites in all of the Boron sectors, then recommence trading in Argon space.

It's as I'm deploying the last satellite for Boron space in Necessary Tribute, that, whilst watching Explorer go about its exploring I notice a Beta Flak Artillery Array (FAA) floating around in Mutual Benefits. Worth a million credits on its own it'd be a brilliant piece of salvage.

If I had anything that could carry it. Buggar. Need to get a Military class TS or something, but, seeing as they cost 5 million, that may have to wait.

Anyway I've finished in Boron space now and Polly's just informed me that the manager on the Medium Shield Production Facility was wondering if I could deliver some e-cells to him. He was paying 57k for 2,357 e-cells and seeing as how I had a hold full of them I was only to happy to oblique.

It also appears that at some point during the set up of the Wheat Farm, pirates from he Skull clan took out my Satellite in New Horizons. Bloody pirates, right nuisance. That things cost me nearly 14k. Anyway I need to bring funds back up. I'm aiming for about 3 million before deciding on what to do next. I've also set the Wheat Farm to not transfer any money to my account, as I'm trying to see how long it takes it to recoup its set up cost.

At this rate a long time. Still at least it's making money, even at a slow pace.

Right time to return home again. Need to replace the satellite tomorrow and make another push towards the 3 million target.

For now sleep.

Credits:

Station Accounts:

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

89James89      £ 0.00

Part 6:

Right, so I need to make another million. I've plans to add to the Wheat Farm or maybe even buy another one. It's taken it a while but dad's apparently pulled some strings with his contacts and pulled in some customers. For now however, I've been advised by one of the management team in the Wheat Farm that it'd be a good idea to continue to train up pilots to work at our stations as and when we open them.

With this in mind I've bought another freighter. For now its going to run as a seller for the Wheat Farm, training new traders before they move onto other stations we open. The new trader is called Scot Rider and was recommended by Polly. Apparently he's been looking for a job for a while and although he hasn't got much experience in trading, hes eager to learn. Sounds good to me so I hire him up and assign him to the Wheat Farm to get some training, leaving the particulars to the management team.

While that was happening I continued hauling in Argon space. Moving e-cells around mainly. Even got another e-cell haulage contract for 144k for 8k e-cells. Already hauling e-cells towards the station I snapped up the offer. Seeing as it'll pay some towards the purchase of the last freighter that put me back 600k.

The Argon also opened up a new sector. Going by the name of Miners Aspiration, probably due to the amount of rocks in there, I might use the sector to open up a couple new stations. Get a foot in as they say. For now though, it seems to have drawn the attention of the Yaki and Khaak so I'll leave it alone until the Argon can get some security in there.

Did manage to pick up a Medium Hard Shield from some salvage in there though. Scooped it up when the Yaki were preoccupied with the Argon defence forces.

Apparently the Boron have also opened up a new sector north of Aspiring Hope so will have to map that at some point.

I also need to figure out a way to stop the pirates taking down my satellites. Both New Horizons and Naos Nihal are now blind to us thanks to their antics. For now though, our traders have been told the sectors are a no go. At least till the Argon get some security in there.

Anyway for me, its back home. I need to discuss our next move with my management team, dad and Polly. I mean, originally I did plan on attaching a Rimes Factory to the Wheat Farm but now that its pulling in money I'm not sure if that, or opening a new station elsewhere would be a better idea.

Choices, choices.

Credits:

Station Accounts:

(OOC: Figured out that the problem was that I hadn't installed the CAG mod. Yep, I'm a idiot lol but oh well, its all solved now)