Credits
      is 61 years old and dieing off
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

krm398 Points For Likes Received      £ 15.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Are news articles or some new missions involved? I might know someone with a short attention span that does these things for a while.

So many ships, so little time

Administrator Roger L.S. Griffiths's Avatar
      Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Roger L.S. Griffiths Points for Blogs      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

As I see it, all ideas are welcome at this point - I think some news articles may be on the cards (probably like the cut-scene articles we see during the Vanilla plot) but definitely new missions will be in there somewhere... what form they will take is a bit of an unknown at this point though.

When development is underway will probably want to keep some specific details within the team as spoilers BUT let us try not to let such things cloud the creativity at this point.

Roger L.S. Griffiths, BSc (Hons) [Wiki/Blogs]
      Current Game: X-Rebirth

High Tension Thinker AKA Genius at work krm398's Avatar
      Credits
      is 61 years old and dieing off
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

krm398 Points For Likes Received      £ 15.00

If your going to do this you need to fix many of the things ego has failed at:
      1) complete command system..if we get just one ship we need DETAILED commands for ships and drones, from 'follow me' to 'move to position and defend' and everything in between.
      2) Flying in formations...they think the squad system did that, they're wrong its a mess in some cases capping a fighter then ordering it into the squad and hitting the highways to leave the area caused the fighter to turn back to the original faction, I experimented with that a lot and proved it beyond a doubt.
      3) Improved weapons earlier on..I'm in de fres and have the second part of the station being built, and still have mk 1 weapons all around, once into the de fre system mk 2 should be available before we start fighting cap ships.
      4) commands specific to drone warfare, like: attack my target/attack shields/attack turrets/ attack fighters(including enemy drones) if we are to wage war remotely then detailed commands are very necessary.
      5) new commands instantly override older ones, if we jump a ship in see new enemies, we don't want to hear 'sorry we're busy at the moment' we want instant action, we're the Admiral after all.

Also in keeping with my first message here's something ego failed to add to their plot info I always thought was needed:
      "Dateline...The recent announcement by Heart of Albion and their supporters to resume hostilities with the Plutarch mining Corporation has caught many by surprise. The Government of Plutarch has been flooding the news with evidence of its 'great deeds' in successfully taking the ravaged system directly after the gate closing and turning it into a stable economy. While the Heart of Albion declares that they could only have done it using the dreaded slave labor camps and assassinations of everyone who spoke out against them to keep the truth from getting out sooner.While all this is going on, the old gate has reopened and with it many new questions. Is there other life and civilizations on the other side, and if there are, will they accept Plutarch as the government here or there? Heart of Albion claims to be in contact with these new people and Plutarch are demanding their immediate return to Albion space, sighting treason and saying their forming new Alliances to further the war.It's even been mentioned that Terrans are living there, quite happy to assist Heart of Albion with their new conflict, and in response, Plutarch has declared an open and full war against Heart of Albion, and with this Declaration of War, all gloves are off. Lets just see who comes out on top of this...the latest in a long line of hostilities here in Albion." Ian Babble reporting.

And once a Declaration of War is announced, its over for traders in Albion, because they and all Heart of Albion supporters will be attacked on sight.

Last edited by krm398; 16-12-2013 at 01:06 PM.
      So many ships, so little time

Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Hi again krm ,

I am not sure we will be re-using the plot that Egosoft have given us, though some of the suggested Vanilla plot improvements might be an idea to test what is and is not possible.

Not sure exactly how far we will need to take the drone player ship drone and fleet control beyond the Vanilla functionality as we know it is being developed and we do not know yet what is and is not feasible with-in the bounds of modding - YET.

In any case, keep the ideas coming

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Ok cool, planing to make mods on the rebirth as they drop dev stuff for it! ok. I'll bite my tounge and pick up a copy of x-rebirth if one is not under the tree next week

PS note to other egosoft already has MODs to download and better some performance changes like traffic by 50% or 66% and many other things and stuff. I will have to keep my eyes on that for the next week as well.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

skylinedr      £ 0.00

Hey Guys.

Long time away from this place... dont know when i last time played XTC.

So, here is my idea: GET RID OF THIS UGLY PIECE OF CRAPSHIP !
      Sorry for capslocking that, but the only way for me to come back to the X series is standing in a huge capship under my command. I just love them, ever did, since X2. I dont want to be a fighter pilot, hate that. I am more the "captain" - type of player.

Maybe if its possible you could just add a whole new plot to XR, which has nothing to do with the Skunk and all of this bull****. Make new areas/sectors, new factories, new enemies.... (a new game.. ) ok, bit over the top, but - what do u say?

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skylinedr View Post
      Hey Guys.

Long time away from this place... dont know when i last time played XTC.

Sorry for capslocking that, but the only way for me to come back to the X series is standing in a huge capship under my command. I just love them, ever did, since X2. I dont want to be a fighter pilot, hate that. I am more the "captain" - type of player.

Maybe if its possible you could just add a whole new plot to XR, which has nothing to do with the Skunk and all of this bull****. Make new areas/sectors, new factories, new enemies.... (a new game.. ) ok, bit over the top, but - what do u say?

Hi Skylinedr,
      We all hope and wish for things. It will all come down to what we can or can not dev on. Until they start dropping dev mods and software that allows us to dabble the inners to change skins, HUD stuff among other stuff!? we just will not know until we know. But I am sure a few people might already have an idea what can or can not be done.

I think for know people are just getting a hit list and ideas what they would like to do or create . I think it with really depend on the limits of what can be modified or not.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skylinedr View Post
      Well, I hope we are able to improve on the general "Skunk" idea, we may be able to change some things but how much has yet to be determined. I personally hope to make it more customizable from a functional perspective if nothing else. It will never be a trade ship in all likelihood but we will have to see what is possible.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Umbru      £ 0.00

How about some stand off distance between cap ships, I haven't seen a whole lot of cap ship combat in X:Rebirth but it seems like they have a tendency to nuzzle up against each other.

Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Umbru View Post
      How about some stand off distance between cap ships, I haven't seen a whole lot of cap ship combat in X:Rebirth but it seems like they have a tendency to nuzzle up against each other.
      Actually when they get into weapons range it can get a bit interesting (not in the jousting nags way though)... play through a bit of the plot and you may see what I mean.