Thread: [Mod] Xtended X-Rebirth (XXR) - WiP 2014-04-22

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Umbru      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Yea if I can put enough hours between patches maybe I'll make some progress as it is I usually only get to the start of the war. So far though the capture ship bit of the plot seems like it just turns into a huge dog pile, although I am not sure if that has worked itself out since the latest patch made it so that the HoA ships actually shoot at the Plutarc ones.

High Tension Thinker AKA Genius at work krm398's Avatar
      Credits
      is 61 years old and dieing off
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

krm398 Points For Likes Received      £ 15.00

If we get only one ship no matter what then it better be a better looking ship, I'll go with that, maybe a desy. If we need a totally new plotline then it will take some time, but not impossible.We would of course need to know WHAT plot we want so there is a way to go, then small steps from there.But like you said no one knows yet so all we can do is wait.

The way to go might be this...start with the regular game of course then add everything the modders have already made and put up for use. Everything that makes it better so far. Then go from there. Use whats available and then add to it. Might save sometime and stop duplications along the way.

Last edited by krm398; 17-12-2013 at 12:12 AM.
      So many ships, so little time

Administrator Roger L.S. Griffiths's Avatar
      Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Roger L.S. Griffiths Points for Blogs      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Umbru View Post
      Yea if I can put enough hours between patches maybe I'll make some progress as it is I usually only get to the start of the war. So far though the capture ship bit of the plot seems like it just turns into a huge dog pile, although I am not sure if that has worked itself out since the latest patch made it so that the HoA ships actually shoot at the Plutarc ones.
      Simple answer is to progress to just before the plot is broken and go from there. I have started with a v1.18 save and have not seen a good reason to restart from scratch... yet.

[EDIT]And even in v1.18 I have observed that the HOA and PMC forces engage each other it is just they are a bit slow to get into range of each other.

Roger L.S. Griffiths, BSc (Hons) [Wiki/Blogs]
      Current Game: X-Rebirth

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Umbru      £ 0.00

Odd so far in mine the HoA ships just flew into the PMC ones without shooting

Credits
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

HOA ships in general dont do much fighting, their cannon fodder right now. Even the defense officers seem to do very little to defend the ships their in. Its a long running bug I think, but I did see a few friendly freighters firing at Plutarch fighters when docked at stations, not sure how that happened. If we decide on a different plotline and story then I might help some, if we decide that the ship we are in is the only one we can fly, ever just like ego, then I doubt I'll play it, because thats my biggest sticking point with ego right now.

We're supposed to be in command of other ships, so technically we're the officer in charge, maybe an Admiral technically. Would someone whose job it is to help and command others be in anything smaller than a cap ship, even a smaller one? I doubt it, we'd need turrets too for defense against fighters and drones after all, we're the person they need to kill...maybe a Balor...nothing smaller.

OK< back again had a brainstorm, if we are to think anything like the original story then how about this...we command the Teranis that we get after the breakout. It would be shot up of course only sure thing we get...a JD and engines a few weapons always are left too and some shields. We can buy,gather or loot everything else we need, which brings up loot..there's very little variety making fixing up a ship hard without a lot of cash, so...shields need to drop occasionally, not often, and weapons, mostly lighter guns of course and then missiles.We can then add anything we find to our ship, even 20 light machine guns kills fighters pretty well, and we can buy stuff later when we get the cash. Just an idea but it would fit with shortages of materials and a war that we weren't, personally planning for.

Last edited by krm398; 17-12-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

well I have to be out of the loop on this one. the three laptops I just bought for my 2 kids and wife play Skyrim real sweet. Over at the Egosoft some said I will not be able to play X-rebirth on them
      I found : http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...me=X%20Rebirth not sure if it is really correct?

The stores buy me had none left (X-rebirth boxes) last week, I seen 3 returned? I ask the guy why are they $10 off? from 59 down to 49 dollars?
      He replied the people cannot get the game to load or play, those that did have been bringing them back complianing about the bugs? (but bugs can be fix with patches)

So I am told that Rebirth wont work on this but skyrim does?
      15.6" 2000-2d29WM Laptop PC with AMD E2-1800 Accelerated Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and 64-bit Windows 8
      details : AMD CPU: APU E2-1800, Radeon HD 7340, Ram 4 GB

If it is just RAM I can always buy more? bummer!!!

I guess there are going to be a lot of disappointed kids *cough* and adults hope crossing thier fingers their PC will work. Oh well, I was hoping to do it on my kids PC while thier at school to HAHA, Gues I go work this holiday and save more money for more of a PC

Last edited by Mangar; 17-12-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      is Happy family :)

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Dazzard      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Just an idea I had when reading your post @krm398 maybe have 1 small ship (skunk) and 1 capital ship that is more for big fights? So you'd use he Cap for fights but the skunk for landing at stations or for taxi activities.

Without having played X-Rebirth I can't expand this idea

Credits
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

I have over 200 hours on Rebirth doing just normal stuff like fighting fighters and a few cap ships and trying to follow the plot which never works. But also there are a lot of people who have been slamming the fighting part because thats what they do. The command system is bad, they give you very few commands to work with and none that I saw that could be used for detailed operations. Like : fly to this sector, move to this location, defend location' this set could get your ship to you in an emergency and set up a perimeter for defense. There aren't that many detailed commands form what I saw. just getting something into the right sector isnt what I call fighting commands and drones aren't working well either from what the forums say. So to rely on what ego gave us is silly, its not nearly enough.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

iforgotmysocks      £ 0.00

Hey there.

I started modding X - Games about 3-4 weeks ago, so i'm not sure if you guys can use what i'm able to handle yet,
      but i'm offering my support anyway.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.p...296890#4296890

Thats pretty much where i stand right now.
      Next i'm looking into the menu and i guess in about another month i should be able to take on bigger projects.

Credits
      slowly

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

Looks interesting there socks...I wouldn't use it but there are a lot of people out there screaming for free' things like missiles. Yes I know you mentioned it needed things you can get from loot..but I think its just stretching it too far that ships without manufacturing ability can manufacture their own missiles. Software is fine but it needs machines to do the work, even nanites would take room and need special setups to contain them and let them do what they do.Not every ship[ has that room or if they use it for that it needs to come off their cargo space for other things. Nothing should ever be free...just my opinion.