I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Roger L.S. Griffiths Points for Blogs      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Lightbulb [Mod] Xtended X-Rebirth (XXR) - WiP 2014-04-22

Hi Guys,

I know we have some great people on this forum with good technical and creative skills that have given us the XTM mod for X3:R and the Xtended Mod for X3:TC/X3:AP. Given this, I would like to start the ball rolling on XXR - unless of course it already has.

I know X-Rebirth is a dirty word in some people's eyes but hopefully this project could change that. With that in mind, I believe we should start with ideas and over the coming months hopefully solidify them into an alpha/taster release.

As I see it, this should be a community project where all ideas are considered but we need to bare in mind we are not making an X4 but rather an X-Rebirth that we all can enjoy.

Now lets start being constructive...

Roger L.S. Griffiths, BSc (Hons) [Wiki/Blogs]
      Current Game: X-Rebirth

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

I am in !!! HAHA X-Reborn *dashes salt over shoulder*

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Administrator Roger L.S. Griffiths's Avatar
      Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Thanks for the vote of support Mangar, just make sure you picked the correct shoulder (i.e. the one with the Devil on it)

I already have some ideas for XXR, so to hopefully stimulate the process here we go

1. A plot that properly explains the mechanics - the vanilla one does leave us hanging a bit in places
        1. New plot not just a Vanilla redux
        2. Perhaps based on the Xtended Mod of X3:TC/X3:AP

2. Improve AI behaviour in cases where you are on good terms with a faction but not with another - allow player to ask for assistance against attacks which either results in the attacker being assaulted by local station vessels or the attacker retreating
      3. More Sectors/Systems/Zones perhaps dynamically generated beyond a few core systems
      4. More fleet ship variety
      5. Able to buy second hand ships (perhaps some that can not be built)
      6. More Skunk weapon options (e.g. swap out mining laser for death ray or repair laser perhaps)
      7. More capital ship weapon options

Ok, the above is a little light on specifics but this is supposed to be a community project

Credits
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Thanks, XXR it is.
      I have alot of road trip time behind the wheel. I have been pondering a wish list of many ideas that are somewhat reasonable, doable. I must have like 3-4 dozen ideas like other people but here is a few that come to mind.

The only thing I don't want to do is post such ideas that kill the vale of surprise. Yes I must give some thanks publically first. I will make a post about that later.
      Ideas better AI, AUX ships repair ships, missle generator ships, ect, that automatically do their job, not command them every time after a battle to micro manage every task....hmmm more equipment software ideas.

1. Sharper commands, like TP in code loop for friendly or pirate
      a. friendly rescue : command pickup all suits, loop if when full return to sector station
      b. pirate collect : command pickup all suits, loop if full sell/enslave.

2. since they have made production ships: I think it is time for aux ships. Say TL/AUX can produce repair production
      a. res need hull plate, teledium, energy, allow ships to land and command them to (idle, follow once repaired)
      b. Or allow a TL/AUX to become the resource ship with drones to suppliment other ships with on board repair crews.

3. Marine training, I have completed most mission in 5-8 days but wait 3 weeks for my first full star marines to finish.
      a. Allow supplying rifles, food, and space fuel type res to a training station to speed up training times.

4. have deep sector mining operations, random extra eggs or wares (they already have red, blue, and green crystals) to then sell off or other things.

5. Would be sweet! if rep attacks or pirate only effect the sector race.
      a. if a player is in an unknown sector and can cap a ship so quick, how does/would the actaul race know you did?
      b. allow some freedom from races being all knowing and all seeing in deep unclaimed sectors.

6. command attack my ships only, based on hull% as targets, be sweet to have a M7 drone frigate fitted with repair drones make rounds on your battle fleet.

7. Pirates station or yards that a player can pay to fix the VIN # of a stolen ship, scramble equipment.

8. I have bunch idea, only mini tasks to break up the routine drama that allows a player to experiment more on trade, fight, build, think or explore. Just some more choice and freedom to add depth in getting submerge into the game. AKA to add ideas to the already spy missions, rescue ones and stuff, just more new out of the box ideas. Things that don’t mess with the mission or plot, just adds more color flair of choices.

9. tractor out right dead ship (burnt hull objects) scraps near a shipyard for scrap sell.

LOL I have had some bad ideas, and after beta testing the scripter "Bless thier hearts" were kind enough to explian what can be done or not, here is a few that got killed on asking it LOL!!!
      here is just two:

OUT of LORE: I have a bunch of stuff like other people like black holes, worm holes, and many other things like ship fittings which could be more customizable.

BAD idea: base core game engine cannot do this: Such like a ship hull that one could have 1 power plant, 2 engine, this for power output which gets consumed by 3 arms weapons consumption 4 shields also. A player cannot stick a 14 Mj power plant in an m5 or if one got greedy, then run out of cargo hull, not to even trade ecells. LOL it would have made a way players could balance out the ships within hull size and remain space for cargo reserves.

Race slots: I think everyone has taken a shot at Why, How come, why not, and rep, I understand the core engine is limited and hard coded.

Anyway, I have gained an understanding some boundries what is or should not be asked, but mission plots I have not spoke or posted any of my ideas. I could but the time is not yet.

Overall, there are creative people that can code, and those that can code from previous games, and rare those that can create new out of the box and code it too!. music, mods, and designs. I myself am at the bottom of that pile HAHA! *humbly hangs head*

Last edited by Mangar; 15-12-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thetack - {M}      £ 180.00

count me in for what i am worth

as soon as i am allowed my birthday present i will start playing and get some ideas

Spammy the (spacefl)Eye in the sky... stemardue's Avatar
      Credits
      is watching you! ῼ

I am:
      Cool

Total Contributions For

stemardue Points for Social Group Discussions      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Hi folks!
      You have all my best wishes for your project (and if and when you'll feel the need of some new music in it, just PM or send me a shout...)
      Just one word of advice: keep in mind the dread customs of Egosoft, like releasing a new patch just one day before you planned to send off your mod (and that happens every time you plan ahead a new mod version!) so... patience, and may the force be with you!

♪♫♫♪♪
      Here is XTC 2.0 FAQ. <<<--- Go read it!
      See my XTM gameplay tips here
      Do the X-Hop!
      Relax and dance to the Deep X
      I don't know well what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it well.

Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Hi stemardue,

Sounds great!!! (no pun intended)

I am sure we will be looking forward to your efforts when we get beyond the concept phase.

I will be looking into X-Rebirth modding seriously over Christmas and hopefully we will build the development team to a suitable size as we start to head into the new year. I am hoping that we can avoid the bulk of the version compatibility issues by depending on as little of the Vanilla material as we can get away with.

One idea I do have is to have a choice of co-pilots (selectable by plot decisions) if possible. We may need to look into creating/selecting new voice overs as a result.

This is likely to be a big project and we may be better off dealing with the various aspects as separate sub-mods, which may also help with distributing the workload and managing version/patch compatibility.

Credits
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Hi Stemmy

I have also crawled ego and this site for MD handbooks, and SE stuff as well. I am typing some plot idea to share later. for all the things that players loved the most, or metioned what they really made them fall in love with the game that I know of. Anyway I hope that it does !!! trying to get the first ideas for the draft or dart board practice.

Credits
      is the ayatollah of Rock N Rolla

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

101010      £ 0.00

Why do I feel like the god father, ya know every time I try to get out you drag me back in I doubt I'll be able to lend my time this time around but if that changes I'll let you know. I agree with Stemy though, it may be a good Idea to let ES get some more patches/content out sice we do not know what they have planned rather than jumping into this and then having to back track or rearange things because of some patch. Also there are limited modding tools at this time compared to the previous games so how do we work around that? Whatever you guys decide good luck.

Credits
      is narfling the garthok!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 101010 View Post
      Why do I feel like the god father, ya know every time I try to get out you drag me back in I doubt I'll be able to lend my time this time around but if that changes I'll let you know. I agree with Stemy though, it may be a good Idea to let ES get some more patches/content out sice we do not know what they have planned rather than jumping into this and then having to back track or rearange things because of some patch. Also there are limited modding tools at this time compared to the previous games so how do we work around that? Whatever you guys decide good luck.
      Well for a project the kind of size I believe this ought to be you have to start somewhere and by now we should have all had enough time to form some ideas.

There have already been mods for skinning Yisha, adding building zones, improving missiles, and some scripts so there should be enough to get started on something and getting a proof of concept together for say middle of next year.

For previous games we needed tools such as X Editor 2 but given the XML focus to X-Rebirth such tools are a bit irrelevant/unnecessary from what I have seen thus far.

As for what Egosoft have in store, I doubt they are going to remake the universe/plot into something markedly different from what we have already.