Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Dr DEATH      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Default X REBIRTH Gameplay.

I have recently bought X Rebirth and this is the first time I have entered the X Universe in a long time. The last time I was playing was X3 Terran Conflict on my laptop which unfortunately broke down 5 years back and it never got repaired.
      I missed X3 AP somewhere in the midst of time and hadn't been on the Forum here since last playing X3TC.
      So, what do I think of X Rebirth.?
      I know having read the general comments on the internet that to some, X Rebirth appears to be a dirty word, however I am really enjoying the gameplay. The graphics etc are much improved over the classic X series layout and a lot of the in game functions are better, like not having to dock to get missions, getting to leave your spaceship and walk around and talk to people and also looking for hidden items in air ducts and crates.
      The highways can be a help and a hindrance as you can sometimes fly into these whilst in battle and get dragged along. I like the fact that the gameplay is continuous and you don't have to wait for the next sector to load. Much better.
      The station graphics on the landing pads are well thought out, from a small robot which is seen polishing your ship, to other ships docked on other platforms if you go to the edge and look around.
      I have created a few problems for myself early on in the game, like making an enemy of PMC, now they wont let me dock at any of their stations and I need to, in order to progress on the next part of the main mission.
      In the old series of X Universe, you could fly around, shoot a few ships and your relations with an enemy factor would improve until they liked you. I am having problems in X Rebirth identifying who to shoot to gain favour as many fire at me and I end up either running to prevent loosing credibility with them, or fighting them and making the scenario worse (Any suggestions).????
      I've also lost my ship Rahanas, this was destroyed somewhere whilst I was off exploring so no longer have this.
      The game manual that came with the product is decidedly thin compared to previous releases of the X Universe and does not supply enough information.
      Also I have managed to get my ship shields up to Dashing 4 for both slots and have all available weapons, are there any other weapons that can be fitted, ie Mk 2 or Mk 3 lasers, if so I haven't seen these yet, I have the plasma weapon, and Inertia Hammer but everyone I stop and talk to wont sell me anything different, is there anywhere else I can go????.
      Until then, please reply to any questions asked.

Regards.

Owner of......
      Classic Elite.
      Elite Frontier.
      X2
      X3 Reunion
      X3 TC
      X-Rebirth.

Always remember to attack your foe head on and do not take your finger off of the trigger until the dust has settled.
      Dr DEATH.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thetack - {M}      £ 180.00

wepons etc become avalable as the plot goes on but unless they have fixed it you cant get the top mks of equipment if you play the plot that are in avalble in sandbox,
      if your playing the plot theres not mutch point in worring about PMC rep thats part of the plot you can try improving it by killing enermy to the PMC ships but every time you go through the gate you reset to -20

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

Dr DEATH      £ 0.00

Many Thanks, that certainly explains a few things.

Always remember to attack your foe head on and do not take your finger off of the trigger until the dust has settled.
      Dr DEATH.

Credits
      is mostly insane with a 20% of
      chance of violance!

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

MadMac      £ 0.00

My son bought me X-Rebirth last year and I only just recently had a chance (and desire) to play it.
      After a couple of hours of play, I sorry to say it looks like my son wasted his money.
      I logged nearly 2000 hours on X3: TC and extended mod.
      Unless some huge wow factor shows up in X-Rebirth, I doubt it will break 20 hours.

Why would you take the best parts of a game and throw them away in next iteration?

You can run, but you'll just die tired.