• Angry
  • Happy
  • Hungry
  • Sad
  • Shy
  • Tired
  • User Tag List

Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Have we been heard? Something new coming? another new X3 release?

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Default Have we been heard? Something new coming? another new X3 release?

Hello All, I just read this and very carefully.

Seems the last comment is they are not dumping all the resources into R but seem to be building on something new where it gears towards the old series of more piloted ships and some of the new game stuff from Rebirth.

Well that is how I interpreted it. Well Rebirth took a beating with a following that dropped off, maybe if they make a new game the right way. I mean on the game play that worked and made X series a popular software. hopefully this next go around they will choose the things that are in demand by the fan base for purchase.

Talking with several people they were afraid of posting of hate how bad the interface commands and single ship an so on enough to stuff a black hole and block it. So much frustration the direction they took the game if they complained were afraid their account would be revoked. And I don't have to prove anything since the reviews for R on steam are in the dirt the past year or more since its botched C section.

But this is good to see they are working beyond the bounds of XR towards something... like something what?..... hopefully a fun game like it was because the fan base is a fraction of what it once was.

What is your take on those collective statements from ES? ... and I mean after reading it.

Last edited by Mangar; 07-07-2015 at 01:59 AM.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mokonzi Points (Total)      £ 235.00
      Blog Entries

Looks interesting. Will be good to see how it pans out... XR hasn't done as well as it could have.

Mokonzi

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thetack - {M}      £ 180.00

hi guys sorry not been posting some RL problems and a sllight health scare
      hopefuly Bernd has come down to earth and realised Rebirth was a PR c**K up of the first degree it upset us old players to a point where i doubt many have played for a while and was so poor a game it drove off all the new people we need,
      i think ( actualy hope) we are at the BTF stage of the new engine and we are about to go X2 (which i think was the best game anyway) with more player flyable ships even if its only a choice of generic freighter , fighter and cap ship.

if its only another tame DLC like the teladi one i think Ego may go down the pan

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mokonzi Points (Total)      £ 235.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thetack View Post
      hi guys sorry not been posting some RL problems and a sllight health scare
      hopefuly Bernd has come down to earth and realised Rebirth was a PR c**K up of the first degree it upset us old players to a point where i doubt many have played for a while and was so poor a game it drove off all the new people we need,
      i think ( actualy hope) we are at the BTF stage of the new engine and we are about to go X2 (which i think was the best game anyway) with more player flyable ships even if its only a choice of generic freighter , fighter and cap ship.

if its only another tame DLC like the teladi one i think Ego may go down the pan
      Sorry to hear about the issues matey. Hope things are a bit better now.

Mokonzi

Credits
      is Making Holiday baskets of
      Space Fuel Jugs and Roasted
      Space Fly Baskets as gifts....
      PFfft!!!

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mangar - {M} Points for Shouts      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

@thetack, Glad your ok and or family. I know what that is like

Yeah seems like others are talking X4 but I think it is going to include that R engine but have piloting other ships and more functions like the old series from tid bits that I was reading into from the ES veteran members that are moderator levels, not the members just chaffing BlaaaHHHH all over the threads. My opinion the 20% talked themselves into it so deep they thought they were the 90% of the majority. but when 90% of activity drops and threads go dormant. Even after they release the latest update there was no uptick in traffic or players. Geeeee what a wake up call that they just might be wrong this whole time.

Hmmm....there was something I wanted to mutter....must not be important after all
      [ Fluently verse in mutterings, babblings and ramblings ]

"Never confuse education with intelligence." - unknown

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

iniochos      £ 0.00

Default X-Universe News 58 - English - X Rebirth Update 3.60

Hi there,

it' has been some time since i visited this forum. I hope all of you doing well.

According to the latest news, something is going on about the old games.

"Future development plans
      Is there a completely new X Game coming?

Yes. At some point there will be a new game, because we want to improve a lot of things that we unfortunately cannot improve using a DLC or update. These are things that would cause massive changes to balancing or completely change the structure of the economy.

Because of this, we are working exactly as we did in the X3 times: In parallel working on a new project and improvements to the games already released. This won't just include making improvements to X Rebirth and The Teladi Outpost, but maybe also further updates for X3: Terran Conflict or Albion Prelude..."

Do you know anything about it ?

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thetack - {M}      £ 180.00

just what i posted in the X rebiirth descusion area that intresting clip from the egosoft news letter.
      it may be that Bernd and the boys have realised that even if they get rebirth working its not a great game look at this site, monk should have had problems with the level of excited rebirth players instead the games almost killed this site for posts i know i havnt played any x related games since before christmas ( manly because i have been Beta testing Salem ) and realy im afraid the game killed my intrest in anything Ego do now