hey stuff happens

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

blazermick01      £ 0.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Come back to this one later Kev. Its too good a story to end like that .. and im so intrigued by the possibilities .. so come back later and continue please.

Otherwise i still cant thank or like but i am reading every post regularly .. thanks Kev and keep up the great work.

Credits
      is Happy family :)

I am:
      Crazy

Total Contributions For

Dazzard      £ 0.00
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blazermick01 View Post
      Come back to this one later Kev. Its too good a story to end like that .. and im so intrigued by the possibilities .. so come back later and continue please.

Otherwise i still cant thank or like but i am reading every post regularly .. thanks Kev and keep up the great work.
      I would like to see this story finished too if you ever feel like you could rewrite what you've lost, but I understand if you can't bring yourself to do it again.

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

the only copy of it is right here now, it would eb a chore but maybe, we'll see.

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

BONUS CHAPTERS BEGIN (very slowly)

Gods Chosen... ( spelling might not be the same on some names, without going back and forth to check I’m just going with the dictionary spelling of everything)

Chapter 35: Friends and Enemies Abound

After a weeks travel, King Solomon got back within sight of his Capital only to be attacked by several smaller, faster ships. The new vessel did great though, and every ship but one went down, gurgling into the sea, and that one ran home to report the incident.

King Khan was furious, his plan always had been to let the King out, but never to let him back in, and now that he returned the opposition would get suppressed again and his ships would be held back for months more.

Not to mentioned these new ships...larger, heavier and more heavily armed than his. Now Solomon’s Navy had new teeth, and that didn’t help him one bit. In one small skirmish Kahn’s Navy lost 4 ships, and they just don’t grow on trees. So he lost more men and resources again, at a time when things were getting harder to find.

With the war going on some of his trading partners held back from selling him everything he needed, because Solomon also bought from them, and they didn’t want to lose anyone from their trading list. But he pushed as hard as he could, and shipments got in...slowly...and he knew they were selling to Solomon too and that his shipyard was just as well stocked as his.

But now there was another one, not from around here at all, and when his spies sent him word of its existence , he had a ship loaded with traders on the way there overnight. They had one job, to stop Solomon from buying there ever again, and they’d get new ships there too...one way or the other. His figures showed what he had to spend, and getting ships somewhere else was going to be faster than waiting on supplies here. So they drifted into Aaron’s harbor a week later and were met like Royalty, and they wined and dined them and finally sat down across a table to talk business... and business today was good.

Aaron got told they’d buy every ship he could manufacture in a year, and his mouth looked ready to drip on the table...but...he needed to sell only to them, the Khan Empire, because selling to others might lengthen the war and their King didn’t want that.

And after a short moment to consider, Aaron made the one decision that people might have understood under normal circumstances, and being made by someone else. He disagreed, to the shock of many listening in.

“King Solomon and I have a deal that predates this one..” he explained as the man there nodded he knew.” If you were here first I gladly would do business with you first, but he was, and so after buying just a few ships he left with an understanding that at some later date he’d buy more.” Aaron added and the negotiators sat back not looking very happy.

“It’s obvious to me your King wants a large number of ships of all sizes, and I have no problem filling that order, but King Solomon only needs a few...his own words...and so there should be no problem filling both orders, right?” he asked hopefully, and they thought about it for a minute and agreed, and he looked like God himself had smiled on him, and after a fine dinner and drinks he ordered tons of wood and materials and then retired for the night, and as he slept, a hundred soldiers crawled out of that cruiser at the docks, and stole every ship he had completed, and when dawn came the harbor was empty, and he screamed at the top of his voice saying they weren’t business people at all, they were pirates.

He made sure the message got out and then he based an entire Garrison of soldiers to guard the docks. No Khan ships of any kind would be allowed in now, and they had orders to fire on any that tried.

John was really impressed this time, Aaron had acted like a true businessman, not cutting one mans throat to please another. It made him feel he was right about him from the start, something many others had not agreed to. But now the Khan Empire knew right where they were, and that Aaron refused their best deal. So now it looked like a sure thing an attack was coming, to destroy the shipyard if nothing else, and John sent a message saying so and Aaron agreed saying he was already getting ready for it.

Another message got sent to James and through him to King Solomon. He was happy his deal was still intact, and he ordered 3 more ships, to thank Aaron for his kindness if nothing else. But this told him that new ships were coming for King Khan too, and that wasn’t going to help him a bit. With things like this happening the war might last a long time, and King Solomon made sure that his port and leet were well stocked and new weapons brought out to reinforce it and he knew new attacks were coming and he’d need to be ready.

Chapter 36: The New Enemies Gain Ground

King Khan was happy today, he got 2 new frigate class ships, and one cruiser class that was heavier than his by a lot. He only sent 100 soldiers along to not make it look too obvious, but Aaron’s port was a peaceful place and they had no trouble stealing everything close by.

And his castle itself was a joke, by Khan standards. It held barely 400 men in uniform and the road from the docks to the castle was really close, within sight. So after seeing they refused to give him what he wanted, more raids were planned. He couldn’t send a lot because of the war here, but his docks and harbors had a thousand men watching them and Aaron was too used to Peace and had no such army.

With a protected shipyard, harbor and castle all within sight of one another Khan felt he had struck Gold. His Royal Guards alone could rush that port and take it in a single night, and then he’d own that shipyard, and more than enough slaves to run it full time.

This time he loaded 4 ships with soldiers, 1 thousand total, all well armed and experienced soldiers. He had but one plan. To conquer this little Kingdom, kill the Royal Family and run the shipyard himself. With everything so close together and after having spies inside the gates for days checking it out he was positive he could do it and after spending a few days setting his attack forces up they launched and King Solomon heard all about it, and his daughter heard too in a few minutes more.

From there it went to James and Carla, and through her to Aaron, all in just a few minutes, something King khan knew absolutely nothing about.

Aaron was furious and his entire army got ready for battle. He also told John what was happening and he had 300 more soldiers at the ready if they were needed, led by Glen himself, so the enemy would surely know they made a mistake after this, and everyone waited to see if they were coming or not.

For a week they waited and nothing happened and finally Aaron decided that it might have been a mistake and left his guards get a good nights sleep, and thats when they attacked.

Obviously they had spies watching everything and at midnight a small team swam in and snuck up on the bored guards at the docks. 50 men fell as silently at ninjas and without a warning signal to sound... the castle knew nothing... the ships got a signal from a torch being waved and they silently docked and the harbor was theirs at dawn when Aaron’s army went to replace the night crew guarding it. Instead they found hundreds of enemy soldiers, all barricaded in around several military ships docked there and the word got sent back and Aaron’s entire army marched to throw them out, but they failed as well trained soldiers swarmed them as they marched down the road from the castle to the docks and killed many as the others fled back and they sealed the castle from within.

It was a win for the Khans for sure, and now they owned not only the docks but the shipyard as well. If they had the people they could start making new ships now, but they were hiding inside the castle, and they set up a siege around it and called saying that they could not win, and Aaron sent messages telling everyone what was going on, and John’s army marched at noon to chase the enemy away.

By evening the Khan army knew more soldiers were coming and that upset their Commander. He had been told to rush in, take the place and put a military governor in place of the Royal Family so it officially became his. But that didn’t happen since the castle was so close the soldiers didn’t all fall, they retreated and now sat back shooting arrows and magic out to harass his men that were now surrounding the place.

He didn’t take heavy losses, considering, and now even with 900 men he knew this small force wouldn’t stop him. It was a delaying tactic for sure and he knew the castle would fall...eventually...and they’d win, but the King was a impatient man, and so they started attacking more seriously, and cannons from the ships in dock fired a few warning shots that took a few pieces out of the castle walls, and again they demanded surrender, and Aaron again refused.

By now John’s troops were almost within sight of the castle and set up camp right there. They knew they wouldn’t win in a single attack and would be forced back, so they got ready for it. And as the medics and food handlers got ready for a long stay Glen and 200 men marched towards the castle and when their friends saw them a cheer went up, and the Khan soldiers set up a wall to stop them and balls of fire dropped onto them from the sky and exploded, and they panicked and fell back, as Glen laughed saying even a teacher could learn something new, and he silently thanked his student for this lesson.

While that was going on Aaron was sitting in his throne demanding to know everything that was happening, and his General left him know that Glen and his troops were attacking and driving the Khan army back a bit and he was happy to hear it. Just then a shimmering was seen right at his feet and out stepped James and Carla and her mom gave her a huge hug and thanked them fro coming.

“I came to offer you the same deal I did John during your war..supplies delivered right inside the castle..so Aaron what do you need the most?” James asked as the General cleared his throat loudly and James waved him on.

“Medicines and healers, and arrows...lots and lots of arrows.” he said as Aaron agreed and James said he’d check into it and they were gone in a few minutes and Aaron knew his favors were bearing fruit...or so he thought.

They went right to the city and were talking to people at the Guild when his Team ran in looking very pleased to see him.

“Things have been a little slow...” Janice said laughing,” so what do they need the most? You checked already right?” She asked as James agreed he did.

“Medics, healers and arrows for now.” he mentioned as two young medics sitting there volunteered to go, and Janice gave him a wink and ran out with two men in tow going for medicines to sell, and James went to the Weapons Guild looking for arrows and was surprised to see boxes sitting there waiting, and he laughed and the Guild gave him a special price and he got some help carrying them and met Janice outside, carrying two big bags of potions and bandages.

Less than 4 hours after seeing Aaron the first time they were back and this time they brought gifts...sort of...and whatever they said they wanted for them Aaron paid without a complaint, and Carla’s mom gave them a big wink letting them know this was well planned.

“And 200 arrows...” James added as the men with him set them down.” even your men cant go through that many in a short time.” he mentioned as the General agreed.

“If the war goes on for very long food will be needed too.” Aaron mentioned as James said not to worry they’d be back later to check and they opened a door and were gone just as silently as they came.

“I told you not to worry, Carla wont turn her back on us.” The Queen added as he grumbled saying they better not because James owned him...and she shook her head and smiled knowing it had nothing to do with any of that, but didn’t go into it now.

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

Going through the list of stories I posted here over the last year or so looking for one I've been daydreaming about. I remember it well about a young geologist that finds a tunnel to another world, and get help from some friends, and the military to explore the place before everyone else finds out. But its not here..hmm I know I wrote it..well maybe never finished it and it went with the wipe, oh well.

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

Chapter 37: Reinforcements

Glen had moved in and out 3 times, each time dropping exploding fireballs from a distance because they just couldn’t get closer because of archers and one fire mage. He had lost a few men and many more needed care and his lone healer was ready to drop from over exertion, and he totally understood how she felt.

He was sitting by the fire getting a bite to eat when one officer called for him to come at once, and he dropped his plate like it was on fire and ran that way. But instead of enemies rushing their position there was a soft shimmering and a minute later James and his entire Team walked out and a few of his wives as well.

The one young woman with him ran over and started healing and Glen nodded that he approved, as his healer got a chance to rest and eat a bite while she had this chance.

“Getting tired yet?” James asked as Glen rolled his eyes and they talked about what had been happening so far.

“If you have any messages you want to send to Aaron or John here’s your chance.” Carla added and Glen got the biggest grin and they stepped to the side and she sent one back saying they needed at least one more healer and all the potions they could get.

And while that was going on James pulled out his spyglass to check out the enemy, and he saw that they had erected a pretty impressive barrier using a wagon and a lot of barrels to block the road right next to the castle.

“Fire mage huh?” James asked when Glen returned and he agreed saying they had some good power too and long range, almost as far as his spells, and James nodded and looked serious for a minute. “ So...directly behind the castle from here is the docks and the ships they came on?” he asked as Glen agreed saying the shipyard was off to the right side and could just be seen with the naked eye beside the castle, and James checked that out too and thought some more.

“How many men to they have left?” He asked as Glen said it was hard to tell. They had to start out with at least a thousand and even after all this there must be 700 left yet and James nodded again like he understood but didn’t look too happy about it.

“Every time we start that way archers hit us before we can get close.” Glen added as James stepped out of camp onto the road and scanned the area with his glass and he did see one man perched on a big limb in an oak tree not 75 yards away and he mentioned it as Glen took it and agreed he saw that one too.

“They are using the woods and bushes to hide in.” James said as Glen agreed.” Maybe we should do something about that.” And he handed Glen his spy glass and took out his staff and after whispering a few things he drew a line down through the woods as far as the eye could see and then stomped the ground saying ‘Fire Wall!’ and a 6 foot wall of fire took off down through the brush and people screamed and ran, and 3 of those Glen got with a fireball of his own.

James stood there a few minutes as the fire raged down through the woods. Trees caught fire and brush was burned to the ground but a thick black smoke was billowing up and towards the castle, as Glen reminded him and James agreed, and a second later repeated the spell but this time the ground froze into ice the same way and the fire went out instantly.

“They cant come that way again.” James added and Glen saw that every small tree and all the thick brush was gone now many places bare to the ground, and he smiled and agreed they had no where to hide now. “That should make your camp a little more secure.” he mentioned as Glen agreed.

“Let’s take a walk...” James added and Glen turned and called for archers and half a dozen people joined them, and they started walking slowly down the road towards that barricade and Glen drew his wand and James his staff and they continued until arrows dropped on them and they through up a shield and they fell harmlessly onto the road around them. “Gather all those if you need them.” James called over his shoulder and they walked a little further, and from here he could see the docks and one or two of the ships that brought them here.

“Now its time...” James said as Glen got ready and James held his staff up high and called some long spell that Glen didn’t even know, and when he finished the air was split with a fireball that didn’t seem big enough to do it, but it rocketed up and out and James waited until it cleared the castle well, then slammed his staff to the ground and it exploded into many smaller balls that fell from the sky and a second later the explosions shock the ground and sea water flew into the air and Glen was more than a little impressed with his favorite student.

“What was THAT?” He asked as James looked a bit tired but he told him it was the same fireball spell he taught him already but with a 3X booster...and Glen looked shocked.

“ 18 exploding balls instead of 6.” James said and finally had to sit down as the healer ran out to help him and Carla screamed at him for being reckless.

Glen watched the camp as fires and explosions messed it up badly and men and women ran everywhere for a couple minutes trying not to let the fire get too good a start. And Glen saw that being in just the right place at the right time made all the difference, and he left go with three smaller explosions that rocked their barricade and nearly brought it down and the enemy rushed out with armored soldiers to meet this new threat but only saw a handful of people walking back to camp.

James sat down for a while and Glen got him to explain that spell a little more, and after that he felt like he might have a chance at one that big too, or at least a 2X try but not without some serious rest first, as he watched James having a cup of coffee while Carla growled at him for going full out so suddenly.

It was a heart warming scene actually, and he felt like maybe he had been dragging his feet for too long too, and he and his friend at the magic shop down the street had talked about marriage more than once... and he walked away. But this made him reconsider, to have someone worry about you, to be there to help when you’re sick or injured, and he decided that they needed to talk after this battle and maybe he’d finally settle down.

The enemy Commander was in a frenzy. His ship itself took damage from exploding fireballs and it had never happened before. Now that meant something had changed. The enemy had brought in bigger magic users, and his told him straight out that he could not match that no matter what. So while he still had the upper hand they got ready to charge their line. So either they lost or they would push them back far enough they could never do this again, and he put everyone into it and they started marching out and past the barrier as Glen ordered everyone ready, and archers exchanged shots and magic flew and dozens went down and Glen looked around to see James gone...and he didn’t blame him.. as the fight went on and his people got pushed back, but they took a lot of the enemy with them, and when it looked bad someone screamed and they looked over their shoulders, and one set of masts that they could see was on fire, and they screamed retreat and ran back to save their base.

They didn’t get to go for free though, as Glen ordered charge and his people fired magic, arrows and some even threw knives at the escaping enemy. Dozens went down and when they got back to their base one ship was on fire and sinking and the shipyard itself was gone too, and their entire reason for being here just disappeared.

“By the Gods!!” The Commander screamed as the big ship rolled over and sank, and the shipyard was ablaze and he saw this entire day was a decoy...and he fell right into it. He started out with a thousand men, the best position possible and the shipyard in his control. Now..2 weeks later...he had 400 good soldiers... many more wounded... no potions left, and their objective was gone. He felt like crying, and he just might of if he left himself do it. But he ordered retreat and every bit of anything they could get they threw into their remaining ships and they sailed away, as Glen and James stood on the docks watching them go and Aaron got the message that the war was over...for now.

They shook hands and Glen said he knew James would come through, and they all walked back to the castle as Aaron opened the gate to see his friends and family, and when his wife gave everyone big cheers for their victory...Aaron stepped forward, gave James a dirty look and said, “ you owe me a shipyard,” and then walked away like it was all settled. And even his lovely wife looked shocked and James just laughed and took his Team back to town, and then his wives home.

“Pack it up!” Glen screamed and everyone got their tools and weapons together and as they started their march home he looked over his shoulder at Aaron’s castle and whispered ‘what an ass..’ and no one that heard said a thing about it.

Chapter 38: Home Safely

Glen and his men marched into the city with banners waving and music playing. They had successfully helped hold Aaron’s kingdom from falling, and John left Aaron know that he hoped things went better for him after this, and to call if they were needed again.

Aaron mentioned needing help rebuilding, and John sent some of his own engineers to help get things going again, and while that was going on Glen told Phillip what really happened and he looked as shocked as anyone.

“He actually said that...after all they did to help?” He asked as Glen nodded agreement.” That’s a new low even for him.” They both admitted and Glen wondered what James would do...if anything... about it.

But 2 days later 4 large bundles of lumber appeared near the burned out shipyard, and without a thought reconstruction got started. But this wasn’t going to be forgotten either, as Carla screamed for hours about her father’s attitude, and he reminded her that the shipyard was their best business and helped keep the Family going in hard times...and yes, James burned it to the ground...so it was his responsibility to at least help replace it, and he had done that as far as Aaron was concerned.

“He’s lucky I forgave him for the rest of the damages he caused..” he added as she nearly lost it completely, and finally told him he didn’t need to think of her as his daughter ever again, and shut their communications without warning, and he had a headache the rest of the day from it.

“Ignorant old *******!” She screamed and stomped into her room as everyone else sitting in the living room looked surprised and sad.

“Aaron’s done it this time..” Cherry said shaking her head sadly.” She may never forgive him for this.” And James said it wasn’t worth worrying about. He sent a lot of good quality wood to replace what was burned, and his sources told him Aaron was already rebuilding the yard...so that was it as far as he was concerned... but the rest of the Family might not agree, and he knew it.

By now even King John heard, and he was as sad as anyone. He gave Aaron more credit than this...but then he always did...and he shocked him again and again. He sent a harsh message saying that James didn’t even need to be there, but he went, and through his work and Glen and his soldiers, the Kingdom was saved. Aaron should be praising him not punishing him, and Aaron didn’t feel the message important enough to even reply, and John sat back looking sad all day wondering when Aaron would finally grow up.

In a month the shipyard was up and running again, and Aaron ordered more wood from Duke Mennington as part of their Trade agreement. It got there a few days later, and within a week, working around the clock, the first fighting ship sailed away for its final testing. It wasn’t a large ship but it would be fast and maneuverable, and now Aaron had one armed ship to patrol his waters...since Khan stole everything else.

And back in the Khan Empire the King personally punished his unit Commander for his failure...as blood ran down his bare back while the whip struck him again and again.

“ 600 men and women...dead!” he screamed and struck him again.” my new shipyard destroyed and a fine new cruiser sank.” He went on and each time he whipped him again. “this will set me back months, now we need to train new people to replace them and that one ship wont be replaced for months more. You’re lucky your Family pleaded for your life or you’d be just as dead as they are!” he screamed and finally one of his advisors had to step in saying he already took the payoff..so killing him wasn’t going to help now...and King Carl threw the whip down and walked away, as healers ran in to save the Commanders life at the last minute.

“I’m running short on everything...” He muttered, this new shipyard was supposed to help with that but instead it cost him even more and he didn’t get to keep it anyways. His entire economy was in the toilet because of this war. Many of his oldest friends stepped back to keep from getting dragged into it, and he didn’t blame them. Once he got a massive Navy he was certain it would be a short war, but that didn’t happen and now ...years later... things looked worse than before.

“ We’ll be destroyed like this...I need time...” he muttered and sat there at his desk and wrote a carefully worded note and sent it to King Solomon, saying he saw now that they should be friends and allies, not enemies, and he offered a Peace Treaty...and Solomon immediately agreed... and the day was marked with celebrations in both lands and even in John’s kingdom, and when it was finally signed and made official a gold covered carriage was sitting waiting at James’s Estate and with a deep bow and soft ‘thank you’ Fatima started home.

“I’ll miss her...” Sherry said and they all agreed. In a short time she almost became Family, and they decided before she left to keep in touch, and with her that was a sure thing.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

blazermick01      £ 0.00

Hiya Kev. The story you are talking about is similar to Seans Desire. You not thinking about that one are you ?

Thanks for also working on the other story ... loving both :-)

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

ya I think that was it, found it after I said that, always happens that way..lol

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

Chapter 39: Normal Days Return

Now things went back to normal again. James went on running the Estate...with the ladies help of course, and his children were growing faster than anyone would have thought. But then time was passing and Cherry and the others had been living with him for several years now.

Children laughed and ran about getting into mischief and ladies yelled at them and chased them down to stop them, but James thought this was the best thing ever, and he mentioned it when they were alone. His Family was expanding and growing and someday he’d be training them too. And that was what Life was really all about.

“Wars come and go...exploring can be done anytime. But Family is forever.” he mentioned at dinner one night and it looked like a few might cry but they were all smiling wide, and agreed wholeheartedly.

“And we haven’t given up on adding to it either.” Got mentioned as James just laughed. There were 3 children now running around making lots of noise, and he left it be known that he was happy with that, but it seemed bigger families were better here and he wouldn’t disagree if that is what they wanted.

Jimmy, Clare and Shirley were his children right now and he demanded that no one force themselves on his account, and Cherry cuddled up with him on the sofa and Carla and Sherry laughed saying did it look like they were forcing themselves? And everyone cheered as he laughed.

Sherry had 2 so far and seemed happy with that, Cherry had one and Carla hadn’t gotten pregnant yet, and they all knew she wanted to. So James would just have to consider that loving three women meant a bigger family, and he agreed they all made him very happy, to red faces around the room.

King Solomon was a happy man too, and James got invited to Fatima’s wedding now that the war was over. He agreed and reminded them that he could not travel to places he had never seen, and Fatima sent him a picture of her and her father standing by the back gate with two guards nearby and said ‘try’ and he chose his spot and called for his doorway and when he opened his eyes it was there. It seemed Fatima, like Carla could not only send messages but images of her surroundings and James stepped out to the surprise of the guards and the smiles of the King.

“I thought that might work.” The King said as James thanked him saying now that he was actually here he could return at any time. and got the official invitation on the spot.

He called back and Cherry went too and they got invited to meet Fatima’s new husband. A tall and well made soldier and Captain of the Guard for the castle. Hands got shaken and names exchanged and they stayed for lunch and talked about how well things were going.

“I’ll not be fooled.” Solomon said softly as James just smiled.” Wars come and go but never forever. King Khan will try again once his fleets are rebuilt, and seeing the new ships he undoubtedly is changing his own designs..as are we.” he added as James nodded and smiled, thinking that wars, as bad as they were, were used to spread information about things like weapons and ship designs. They would get spread eventually of course, but during wars things run at a faster pace and so information gets spread around further, faster.

“And some of these new designs will improve your fishing fleet too, right?” James asked as the King chuckled and agreed to that too. The military wasn’t the only thing to gain from new designs. “Never let peaceful endeavors be overshadowed by war. Peace is just as important and even more prevalent as any war.” he hinted as Solomon agreed saying that Peace left everything get advanced and war many times slowed down the actual building of new things while information got gathered faster.

“Peace lets us get back to the job of living, and thats much more important.” King Solomon added as he winked at his new son in law and the man agreed.

“The actual ceremony is in two weeks.” Fatima added as everyone applauded for her.” I expect to see your whole Family here for it James.” She declared, as he agreed and Cherry said she wouldn’t miss it for the world.

In an hour their visit was over and James shook King Solomon’s had and the King thanked him for his hard work, and they both disappeared back through the doorway and back home a minute later.

“Fatima looked so happy .” Cherry hinted as Carla and Sherry laughed saying she was away from her man for a long time, and James just smiled and didn’t say anything about that.

“We’re going to need some new cloths then.” Got mentioned and the ladies started getting excited, and James saw a shopping trip coming very quickly.
      When the day finally arrived they walked into the castle looking their very best. It cost a small fortune but James got told over and over that nice cloths don’t go to waste, and he agreed with the biggest smile.

The ceremony was fairly short and Fatima became Mrs. Huntington and seemed really happy about it. The King also seemed happy because they were driving him nuts around the castle waiting for it be over with. Now no matter what happened they had it covered, he said as Fatima gave him a dirty look for thinking they weren’t waiting..and of course they weren’t.

The dance and banquet was fabulous and King Solomon mentioned that his only daughter was gone now and he was finally free...as his lovey wife ask him...from what? With a serious look in her eyes. And everyone got a good laugh at his face just then.

Chapter 40: Aaron’s Retirement... Occurs Suddenly

Queen Shirley Anderson...Aaron’s wife...was beyond angry. She had covered for him a hundred times in the past, and when he ordered Carla to James she almost snapped. But Carla was happy there and she was glad, since she didn’t get along well with her father at all, and with good reason. But now he had gone over the edge... as far as she was concerned. He not only made a total fool of himself, and her, in front of everyone when the war ended... he ordered James to replace his shipyard...which got destroyed because THEY didn’t have enough forces to defend it.

His ego was getting the better of him and she had to put her foot down before to keep him centered, and it looked like she needed to again. He was no big businessman, she did most of the deals that made them money. He ordered, barked and whined as King, and she worked tirelessly behind the scenes to keep them afloat.

Well that ended today.

He was sitting on his throne giving some speech about better defenses, and more ships in the harbor and on patrol when she walked in, then past him, and stood looking down on the advisors with her back to the throne and waved them away...and they saw that look on her face...and they left without a word.

“What the Hell??” He screamed, jumping to his feet, but when she turned he saw her face too and quietly sat right back down.

“You’ve finally done it.” She said as he looked surprised.” When you came here as the new King you didn’t have anything but a Title, no castle no army, no friends. You married me and my family provided everything for you. Then you took full credit for it and told everyone its was your ‘Destiny’ to rule...what a fool I was to let you get away with it all these years. But I do love you, in spite of your shortcomings, but today I take back my position as Queen, and I’ll be running the businesses from today on.” She said seriously as he asked why she would do this and she nearly screamed in his face as she listed all the things he had done ...just recently...not to mention dozens of other things over time that should have gotten him assassinated or worse, but didn’t because she protected him.

“I’m tired putting up with your nonsense.” She said seriously as he looked faint.” Get out of my seat and go find something else to do.” She demanded, and he got up and she took his place and waved as the advisors came wandering back in and she changed everything to suit her, and in an instant Aaron was ‘retired’ and she was the Queen for Life.

A moment later and Carla came running into the living room laughing and cheering and everyone asked why she was so happy? And she told the story, as James just looked away to hide his big smile and Cherry and the others got a good laugh at Aaron’s mistake.

“Mother just couldn’t take it any longer.” Carla added as everyone agreed.” So she forced father into retirement. I wonder what he’ll do now that his job is filled?” She asked and laughed like it didn’t matter anymore.

“I do kind of feel sorry for him though.” James added as everyone looked oddly at him.” He never really understood why people didn’t like him, he just went on and on about things only he cared about. Now he’s out of work, and I’m sure he has no clue what to do with all that free time.” he added as Carla made sure he knew that her father earned this retirement every day of the last decade,and she was cheering for her mother for finally doing it.

“Tell your mother we agree that she did the right thing.” Cherry stepped in as James nodded agreement. “Maybe its a new time, a time of Queens instead of Kings.” She mentioned as James looked funny for a second and said ‘hey whoa there’ and everyone laughed.

Of course James was a Noble certainly not a King and he mentioned that as Cherry and Carla both reminded him that they trained him and even today they helped run the Estate and he agreed that he was a lucky man, and they both just smiled and looked away.

“Besides, if I didn’t have the Estate to run what would I do with all that free time?” he asked smiling as Cherry leaned in and kissed his cheek and whispered ‘don’t make a lady say things like that in public’ and his face went red and all the ladies got a good laugh at the looks on his face.

It seemed like the idea got around pretty quickly, and King John had the same talk less than a week later. But he demanded that he wasn’t anything like Aaron, and even his lovely wife had to agree. But they had an agreement from the very start and she had certain things she was in control of and he had others, so they shared the responsibility of running the Kingdom, and it worked well for them this way. So it looked like his position was safe for now as many chuckled to hear it.

Aaron was seen traveling more now. He made trade negotiations his new job and when that didn’t work well he took over the fishing fleet and modernized that to bring in more fish to sell. Anything and everything he could think of, and soon he was seen traveling again, this time as a Trophy Hunter of big game, and basically everyone knew he was just staying out of Shirley’s way while she did the work of the Kingdom.

As months past things got better all around. As a business woman she was top notch and with Aaron gone most times she had full rein, and things got done that needed done,and more people got hired to work the shipyard and plans were made to build a second one, as people all around cheered for her as their little Kingdom went into a time of plenty.

And Aaron found that some people would talk to him now, knowing he wasn’t the King anymore and wouldn’t cause too much trouble for them. Duke Mennington had him over for a stay and they sat and drank and talked business, and he got a contract for wood for the shipyard and that helped Shirley a bit too. Aaron was even seen talking to John a few times...mostly just sitting and complaining, but they were brothers and so he felt he had a right to whine a little the way things were going. But John made sure to let him know Shirley was doing a great job, and Aaron agreed, and after a while he stopped whining as much and switched to bragging about his latest hunt, and trophies were seen getting hung in his study back at the castle, while everyone just smiled and left it go.

Chapter 41: The Retirement Fever Spreads

But between Cherry hinting and Shirley calling to say how nice it was being in charge, King John started thinking about retirement himself. Retirement for Kings isn’t quite the same as for working people. They might have a lot more time on their hands, but so long as they are living at the castle things will find them that needs done.

There will always be dinners and visiting dignitaries, and things of that sort. But as he started thinking about it more a thought came to mind that had been mentioned quite a bit lately.

Cherry was working on her end, and Queen Catherine on hers. James got told that eventually he would be the new King, and he laughed saying that John wasn’t old enough to consider such a thing yet...but he might be wrong.

With all the new free time James went all over the Estate and it looked better than ever. Even the out buildings matched the main house in both color and design. His little swimming pool was a bit larger and had finish benches and smooth rock panels around it to sit and lay on, and when Catherine and her daughters were all together there, she loved the place almost more than home, and James thanked her for saying so, and she had a certain look in her eyes that made him wonder if this wasn’t part of the problem John was going through.

But he got called in and when he and John sat having drinks together it got mentioned seriously for the first time, and James mentioned that John wasn’t old enough to consider retirement yet, and John asked him if he ever had the responsibility of being Father over an entire Kingdom for 20 years...and James rolled his eyes and looked away.

“Catherine really, really likes your little place by the stream.” He added as James gave him a dirty look that he expertly avoided.” In another 20 years you’ll have someone to hand it over to again, wont you?” He hinted as James saw the long term plan here starting to become clearer.

“I could never be as good a ruler as you.” James said as John nearly laughed out loud to hear that and James tried not to laugh either, but when the meeting was over a dinner was planned, and after that the official announcement was made and two families switched houses and jobs as James growled that he just got the Estate the way he liked it, and John invited him to visit the place any time, and laughed as he rode away.

And that was how it happened. A young lad from a different world showed up one day and changed everything. He became the next King, when his lovely wife left him rule that is, and his children ruled even after him. Turning Atlantica into the largest, most prosperous Kingdom in History.

And even after they were gone its name lived on...for thousands of years...and slowly mutated and changed into the Legend of the greatest Kingdom of all time...Atlantis!

And one day when James didn’t even wake up anymore a young lady walked into another immense castle and the King there looked down on her and she said softly ‘it is done’ and he nodded and smiled. Throughout History odd things happen even here, and when they do people get a second chance, as it is written in their laws. Socrates,Galileo, Hercules and now Hudson. All people who asked for and got that chance and used it not just for themselves but for everyone around them, for centuries.

So it had happened in the past, and would again he was sure. But the normal people need Heroes, so why not? And he watched the Universe from his throne and made sure that with very few exceptions things went smoothly, silently into Eternity.

THE END there a better story and a more proper ending.