is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Mokonzi Points (Total)      £ 235.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther
      Blog Entries

Default X4: Foundations.... Release Day

So, all being well, we have the release of X4: Foundations today... who's ready to fly?

Mokonzi

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Well, downloaded and had a quick look at it (got friends staying this weekend so might not have proper time to play), and it's not well optimised...

I'm surprised that they don't have an optimisation done automatically based on the machine, most modern games can do that now.

It does look fun, very nostalgic of the X3 and older series. Definitely an improvement in many ways... just got to figure out the settings that would be better for it...

Mokonzi

Mokonzi's slave.... :p NovaCatt's Avatar
      Credits
      is back to terrorize the forums
      once more... >:D

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Hiya Peeps,
      I've got it installed, have had a look at it as well.. looks interesting so far..
      However, I'm having issues with it personally (I suspect it maybe something to do with my mouse settings in-game) where I move my mouse around to look/move in a certain direction & it either, ever so slowly pans in that direction, or, "zooom", it overshoots where I'm trying to aim/look/point the cursor... I've had a poke at the mouse sensitivity settings in-game, but it doesn't seem to have done much to it so far... for all I know it could actually be something to do with the game itself (highly doubtful, but still possible...)...

I chose the very 1st start option out of the enormous amount of all three currently possible game starts....
      I have to admit, the ship models look fantastic in-game compared to previous versions in the series...

Cheers & Thranx

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

I think the mouse sensitivity might be a bug. I noticed it went a little crazy at one point when I was chatting with a character.

Mokonzi

Mokonzi's slave.... :p NovaCatt's Avatar
      Credits
      is back to terrorize the forums
      once more... >:D

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

NovaCatt Points for Visitor Messages (Given)      £ 0.00
      Top of the Great Dividing Range, Queensland, Australia

Hiya Peeps,
      Yeah, I know what you mean.. had that happen as well in my brief "play".. (I say "brief" as it was more "rubber banding" movement then actual gameplay, but I suspect that may actually be an issue with my 'puter setup then the game, per say)
      What they need to do is mention that the "lift/elevator" is actual a transporter room rather then an actual mechanical device from what I can work out... I managed to "walk" (think Monty Python's John Cleese's "Ministery of Silly Walks" clip for my character's movement...) to the "lift", tried to click on the backwall thinking that was a door to another section of the station, discovered that didnt work as a door & then noticed the panel on the wall of the "lift", so selected the "workshop" level, did the "rubberband" walk to get to the doors to get out & have a look around, disovered I was on the wrong side of that area to get to the vendor after i exited the lift, did find him after walking around the circumference of the platform he was on, had a look at some of the upgrades he sold..

After making my way back to the "lift" I then decided to go check out more of the station, so I selected the "Engineering" deck, rubber banded out the door & into the engineering room, had a look around in there, tried to click on a coupla screens in there without any success, went back to the lift & went to have a gawk at the station manager, said "hello" & "goodbye" to her (with the weird spazz motion of the camera as I'm talking to her.. it did the same thing when I spoke to the upgrade vendor too..)..

Made my way to my ship, had a look-see around on the landing platform, saw ships coming & docking as well as leaving, (saw what I reminded me of a TP style ship on the small ship platform) saw plenty of bigger ships (M size I think they are.. not sure..) docking & leaving from the landing platform as well, went down the ramp from the upper part of the small ship docking platform to the lower/mezzanine section of the platform, got on the "travelator/moving walkway" thingie, rode on it until the end (I got on midway I think..) where I ended up slightly beyond the end of it due to rubber banding, got back to the end of the platform & went up the ramp to go back to where my ship was, ended going from one end of the landing platform to the other trying to find which one was mu ship & worked out I needed to get behind the ships to find the terminal which told me about my ship.... at that point I got frustrated enough by all the rubber banding that I saved & quit the game... mind you, the game had only just finished being downloaded/installed a coupla mins beforehand.. (I took the time to "link" the game to my ego account via the login setup in-game, which unfortunately took me a coupla mins to sort out as I didn't remember what my pw was to start off with.. once I vaguely remembered what it was I entered it into the game's linking setup, only for it to tell me there was an issue logging in, so I thought "hmm.. ok, maybe I typed it in wrong", so went over to ego's forum & tried to login over there after slightly changing the pw I used to login via the game & got logged into the forum, went back into the game & typed in that version of the pw which it accepted... so hopefully I'll have some goodies waiting in game for me....)

Cheers & Thranx

Want to view some great screenshot's?
      -->> Click Here <<--
      Want to find some great info on various ships & stations in the X series? -->> Visit the TXU Wiki <<--

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

LJBurstyn      £ 0.00

Not sure my system can run this game.
      Intel i7-4960X 3.8 Ghz
      Two Nvidea GTX770 SLI
      32 G RAM

Can anyone help me figure it out?

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LJBurstyn View Post
      Intel i7-4960X 3.8 Ghz
      Two Nvidea GTX770 SLI
      32 G RAM

It looks a better system than mine. Mine is a little crawly, but if I dumb down the graphics I'm sure I can improve my performance. I'll try this week to see.

You got the game yet? Or you trying to figure if you should?

Mokonzi

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

LJBurstyn      £ 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Mokonzi View Post
      It looks a better system than mine. Mine is a little crawly, but if I dumb down the graphics I'm sure I can improve my performance. I'll try this week to see.

You got the game yet? Or you trying to figure if you should?
      Trying to figure out if I should buy the game. Retired living on fixed income so have to watch my spending.
      Using a 34 inch TV as a monitor. Max resolution is 1980x1080 for TV. Large size due to retina problems.

Credits
      is working on Project X

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

Blog Entries

Trying to figure out if I should buy the game. Retired living on fixed income so have to watch my spending.
      Using a 34 inch TV as a monitor. Max resolution is 1980x1080 for TV. Large size due to retina problems.
      See what the others are using too, might help get an idea on if it'll run well.

Mokonzi

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Total Contributions For

thedada86      £ 10.00

Intel i7-4960X 3.8 Ghz
      Two Nvidea GTX770 SLI
      32 G RAM

If it helps:
      Intel I5-4690K @ 3,50Ghz
      Nvidia GTX1060 (6GB)
      24GB Ram

With resolution 2560 x 1440 and "high" presets it runs smooth and stable (well ,if you wanna call an Egosoft game that young "stable"),
      Not sure about the two GPUs...SLI is somewhat unpredictable.

Ok...X4...first impressions:
      Seems unfinished in many, or should i say maaaaany ways, but its fun!

I gave Rebirth a few chances over the last years, but never felt that..."X"...but with Foundations Im hooked again! Still hate those S, M, L, XL ship classes and some other details, but that little "90 hour ingame count" steam shows for Rebirth will be exceeded soon.