Thread: Someone to Serve

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00
      Main InfoStatus and ThingsPoints and CreditsOther

Oh **** I completely forgot about this...sorry.

Chapter 19: Skirmish War Breaks Out

“The Association has nothing on me.” Goodman commented, and went on with his own plans. The map clearly showed that right next to his boarder was a few miles of prime farmland. Land he offered to buy many times and was refused. But tonight things would be different, and he sent a squad of Elite Mages and a platoon of soldiers across the boarder after dark and the farmers living there didn’t know what hit them. By sun up the next day 12 miles of prime farmland belonged to the Kingdom, and it took days before the President of the country even knew what happened.

Goodman was so organized that by the time noon that day came he had a truck setting up prefabricated guard stations along the main rood, and a team of Mages stood guard there and turned everyone away that came by.

The President complained about it and got told that during war ‘things happen’ and that if they had treated him more fairly then this wouldn’t be needed. And the King went on smiling and setting up farmers of his own and within a month the National Mages Association agreed that 12 miles wasn’t worth fighting over, and they turned back to more important things.

Atlantia gained more farmlands and more for their economy, and the Association gained a reputation for looking the other way. In another month, another 25 miles inland in a different country, and negotiators from the Mages Association were sent to stop this madness. But after getting agreements from everyone involved, Goodman paid a fine for his aggression…and kept most of the land he took. In less than a year he gained almost 30% more land than his tiny country had to start with, and Atlantia started looking like a real country now and not some tiny speck on the edge of the map.

But he fooled no one, and when his buyer came to Jason again he got sent home empty handed saying that Jason wouldn’t side with someone so intent on War, and the man looked sad he felt this way and left, and the King went into a rage saying that everyone was turning him away no matter the price, and he wasn’t going to stand for it any longer.

He called a meeting of the Association and demanded to know how mere tool makers and Mages could refuse him, saying that if it was true then they better never be seen selling to anyone in the military, or a Military School ever again.

They gave him a good argument about it but in the end his wall of high paid lawyers won a partial victory, and while they didn’t order people to sell to him, they did mention that unless a person’s Religious Beliefs were involved then no one could refuse anyone willing to pay their price.

He walked out smiling wide, and Jason saw that he couldn’t refuse them…if they would pay his price…and his prices just went way up.

The buyer had warned Goodman this was going to happen and he agreed to pay any price for high level tools. So when the buyer returned Jason had 5 pieces ready, and each one was worth twice what even Jason would pay for them…but the man took them and left…to Jason’s immediate surprise, and when he mentioned it, everyone agreed that the man had an Ego problem, but that so long as they left them alone they couldn’t refuse them.

But while people were shocked he agreed to such prices they would be even more shocked to find out where the money was coming from.

He had his fingers in everything, some small valleys, gullies really, barely 100 yards long and 50 yards wide, high in his mountainous region grew things better off never seen. Millions in flowers and drugs that he got to spend every few months, and when many started asking why such a small country had so much to spend, teams went in to see…and never returned.

There were also Mages and others working to fund his war too, gathering everything and anything from the countries around him that was worth something. Cars, paintings, sculptures, and people…hundreds and hundreds of people. The bigger the better, the more beautiful the better too, and his own Genetic Research Department used any they wanted to help raise a new generation of Mage or soldier whichever they could make, and he saw a future when his country had the best of everything, man made and perfect.

Many thought him insane for the way he acted, but he was far from it. He planned everything , knew the odds for every detail and knew exactly how much everything was going to cost. Slaves got sold on the Black Market for thousands each, after his scientists were through with them, and his country believed in slavery, even though some around them didn’t. But it was his to do with as he pleased, it was his right as King, and so his cash flow exceeded the size of his country by many factors, and bigger, more powerful countries started wondering what his plans really were.

But his plans were both complex and simple at the same time. His Family would become the height of power in the Future, if everything went according to plan. In Magic, in strength and in intelligence. His researchers used his own DNA as a start, then added DNA from others he chose and cloned children from them. He had one orphanage that did nothing but took care of his children, now 6 and growing, and they would be taught to rule and excel at everything they did, this was his gift to his Family for the Future…a world easily within their grasp. And when he grew older, he would have a dozen or more to choose from to follow in his footsteps, and the world would learn to respect their Family name just as it had the Harrisons and other Magical Families today.

And as his choices locally grew less and less, his eyes turned to other countries further away, and teams started there to find the perfect person to clone with, strong and attractive with a strong charisma that would help in face to face negotiations as well as talks over their somewhat aggressive lifestyle, and he found a few and with some ‘help’ gained samples of their DNA and more, and another round of research was started, and he came one step closer to his ultimate goals, the perfect Magical Family.

Chapter 20: Daily Exercise

With children coming now and everyone working there wasn’t a lot of time for training, but Cathy reminded everyone that without it they would get rusty and forget some of their basic spells, as if that was going to happen. But she insisted and everyone made an attempt to spend an hour a day out in the yard practicing their skills, and Jason was right along with them and when things got out of hand they used their powers, either primary or secondary to handle it. And more than once the local Fire company was out there when smoke was reported by the neighbors to find it was long since put out before they got there. But Jason would always apologize for bothering them and slide them a hundred for their troubles and they waved and went back to their base for another pizza party or something.

But even Cheryl mentioned that their Family was watched closer than many, and Cathy left her know that even while pregnant they were still training, and that seemed to satisfy her for a while again.

And eventually Judy gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, Cathy a baby boy, and Sybil a baby girl too. Jason was never happier and started immediately to spoil his children while the girls worked to keep that to a minimum, and for all to see they were the perfect Magical Family, as got reported to the Association and the Trades, as they all agreed.

Within a year of his (second) Graduation he had 3 beautiful children, and hints that he wasn’t done yet, as he smiled and nodded agreement. Two wives hadn't had children yet and they were waiting patiently, and Cathy whispered in his ear one night that no matter who got pregnant next, she wouldn't be outdone, and he saw a long and wonderful life ahead of him.

The normal tests were run at the 6 month mark and every child had powers, some stronger than others, and at least one blew the averages off the wall, and the Association saw great things coming in the next generation too.

All five Families bragged about the children and while Jason reminded them these were his children and therefore his Family, after a while even the Association agreed that it was his right, and they watched and waited for more and even stronger children to come after.

And the Trades had stories about each child and their mothers, and worldwide the Mages were now watching them grow and seeing their future competition for the first time, as a new form of Royalty, and Jason would brag that his children would be the next generation of great warriors and scientists, and after a while even Cheryl stopped listening and chuckled when he went off on his bragging spells.

And in other countries this didn’t go unnoticed either, and along with a few others Goodman started thinking that Jason would eclipse his new Family single handed, and he decided that something needed done to catch up…or stop him permanently.

But Cherry wasn’t giving up yet, she waited a while because this whole plan was a little embarrassing, but after that she agreed to try and they had been together a few times, but to no avail. But with three new children in the house now she felt a little pressure and Jason mentioned that they had a long life head of them, and she agreed. But Cathy saw a new side of her for a few weeks, she hung on Jason at every opportunity, and she started making the others jealous, but she wouldn’t stop, and 5 weeks later she proudly announced, and everyone knew that was her total devotion showing, and even Cathy backed away from saying anything else.

And while no one said anything, that left only one, and after being together a full year, she still hadn't been in to see Jason alone yet, and people started to wonder. So after one rather warm day they were all out by the pool, and Cathy asked her as softly as she could why she wasn’t trying too, and Charlotte looked sad that it finally got mentioned.

“I’m not interested in having children with anyone.” She whispered as Cathy nearly choked on her drink, and at least one other there heard her and asked why. “I told my mother when they chose me that having children was never in my plans.” She went on as others waited to hear.

“Jason is a fine man and attractive too, but …I’m not into that type of thing.” She hinted and looked away as Judy asked her how she couldn’t be, since she said openly that Jason was attractive. “ I’M NOT INTO THAT TYPE OF THING….” She repeated again only louder, and after a second there were red faces all around.

“Then why are you here?” Cathy asked and got a 10 minute lecture on Family and Respect and…frankly…having no choice in the matter. “So they knew but sent you any ways?” She added as Charlotte agreed , sadly.

“ You should have said something sooner…” They all heard as Jason walked out in his trunks and Charlotte apologized for wasting his time. “Don’t misunderstand,” he went on as she waited like everyone else. “ We never have enough friends in this world and so I hope you’ll remain one after this is settled.” He said as eyes opened wide and big smiles were seen everywhere and he said not to worry and he went inside and made a call, and after 5 minutes of apologies Charlotte was cleared to return home.

A month went by and things got back to normal but it got mentioned that the Family that sent Charlotte was going to be heard from again. Jason just shrugged saying he was more than happy now and they needn’t bother, but everyone knew it was coming any ways.

And a week later a cab pulled in out front and Cathy walked to the door to see who it was, and a young blond woman with short hair burst in smiling very wide saying how really nice the place looked, and Cathy asked who she was.

“ Sherry La Clare…I’m Charlotte’s little sister…well by 6 months.” She said laughing and Cathy saw the set up coming right away. ”So…where is the master right now? I’d like to meet him.” She asked, as Cathy said it was middle of the morning, so he was out in the shop, and without a pause Sherry dropped her bags and said ‘take care of those’ and ran back out the door and around the side, like she knew exactly where everything was.

“Charlottes little sister huh?” Cherry asked walking up as Cathy just nodded and did a little ‘humpf!’ About this.” Looks like she has no trouble liking men, from this attitude.” She added and chuckled and Cathy finally took Sherry’s bags up to Charlottes old room and made sure she found them when she came back in.

Chapter 21: Lighting a Fire under the Family

She got officially announced to everyone at dinner and she gave them all a big smile and said she hoped they could all get along. She was very cheerful… almost too much so… but she was a nice person everyone agreed. She was blond of course and thinner than Charlotte had been, but seemed to have an unlimited source of energy and Jason saw that right away. She never really walked into a room, it was more like bursting in, but she never slowed down and so after a couple weeks people got used to it.

But wither they understood or not, she added a whole new batch of energy to the house in general. People who were getting around a little slowly for one reason or another just saw her going by were forced to keep up, and so things around the mansion picked up nicely, wither they realized it or not.

And they all knew that Jason would see this new energy first hand pretty soon because she didn’t seem like the type of person to slow down and wait for anyone. And two months after getting there it happened and even Jason looked tired the next day, as Cathy gave Sherry a dirty look and she just shrugged with a big smile and went on eating breakfast.

But Sherry’s family was well known for poisons and potions, it was almost a prerequisite to make and use them, and when Judy was looking really tired after one hard week Sherry handed her a few small vials with instructions on how to use them, and after that she looked and acted a lot better.

And when Jason asked if they were dangerous to take so often he got a long, well worded speech about potions that had been around for centuries, and were nothing like the cheap drugs many used today, and after they all saw how effective they were Judy had a stock on hand for her business too, and Sherry now had a job to help support herself with as the word got out about her skills.

And while this was going on the Hunters Goodman had out looking decided that this one house…with the best DNA from all 5 of the worlds greatest Mage Families in it… positively had to be their next target. But their powers were limited this far from home but good old science didn’t care when it was used…and one night as they slept they drifted off into a deep, deep sleep and when they awoke the next day no one suspected a thing, and their day went on as usual, except for a few mosquito bites they got somehow over night.

But even as it happened Cheryl got a magical message and was on her feet well before sunrise. The Team had been seen by her Magical Wards she placed around the house ages ago, and she knew who they were and why they were here.

She beat them to the airport, and when their private plane left for home a magic circle was on the underside, and when it got far enough away from the Host….it ripped the plane into a million pieces… and Goodman got a message that the Mages Association would not tolerate his tricks outside of his own country… and he knew that they could come for him at any time they chose… if he wasn’t more careful, and so this one family at least was out of his reach forever.

He wasn’t happy with it but there it was, and so he had to admit that the entire world wasn’t his to command…just yet.

But people that see themselves as the top of every heap, the shining star for every group…never give up. So his drug labs went on churning out poison and his research labs did the same, and wither the world knew it or not, his name would be remembered, but maybe not in the way he hoped, sometime down the line.

And Jason and his Family would be ready to face the challenge when it came, and his wives gave him 7 beautiful children within 2 years, and a few slowly appeared over the years thereafter, and he really did start a new name in Magical circles and became the 6th of the Famous Families. His family was always the happiest and brightest around, and when Cheryl retired from the University, Cathy took her place as Headmaster.

So Time passed slowly and their world changed for the better, and the Mages Association had its first male Mage on the board in History, just 50 years later, and like everything else he did Jason shone brighter than anyone before him...and his Family thereafter…well into the Future.
      And like the Famous name from his worlds past, the name Pendragon lived on into Legend.

The End

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

blazermick01      £ 0.00

Hmm ok this was building to something and then bang .. another quick finish.

I hate to whine Kev, but lately all your stories build up nicely with a beginning, you start the middle and then you quickly finish.

Do you post elsewhere ? whats the link to your own site ?

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

sorry Mik, but no theres no other site. I write one then start another then sometimes a third one and then realize I never finished the first one...you see where this is going..I should spend all my time on one until its done, but it seems my attention span is getting shorter as I get older, but thats still no excuse for sloppy work.

The way things are going, I doubt there will be any book length works anymore, not impossible but doubtful.

Credits
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Total Contributions For

blazermick01      £ 0.00

All good Kev.

I understand the age thing myself .. forgetting more and easily sidetracked. Just wondered because i noticed a change with your writing and thought you might have another site.

Thanks for the work you still do buddy .. i do love your yarns and the style in which you write.

Will just be happy you are still producing :-)

Credits
      is old and tired

I am:
      Tired

Total Contributions For

kevin398      £ 20.00

Started a new story...very different from anything I did before. slow but steady it goes..lol. A war between neighboring planets, a wondering scholar from outside the system, and research for fun and profit. sounds interesting, yes? will drop a chapter or two here when I hit 10 chapters as usual.